Ghost Japan

Under The Ivy Kate Bush
This womans work kate Bush

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
We Shall Come Home by Oysterband. This is the song that John often played after games at Pissfield in the bad old days.

Deeply poignant and bought a lump to the throat.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jerusalem.

It was always a popular song at my school. However, a sixth former was knocked down on the road (DJ Massey) and that was played at his memorial service. Most of the the upper years, his house and the staff were in tears, when that was belted out from the massive organ.

Brings a tear to my eye whenever it is played.

An excellent piece of music.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Gimme Shelter - the Rolling Stones.

Yes that does it for me too. Probably the best track they ever made. And off the best album, but I guess that's another thread, and has probably been done already.

But for happy tingle I like "Like the Desert Needs the Rain" by Everything But the Girl, samba sympatico...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Desperado The Eagles Version

I once heard this song on a canal-boat in Amsterdam, by an archetypal US honey-blond called Lisa Baker, in Winter 1979/80. I think she made it moderately big in the US later on.
She'd fallen in love with a German bloke on the boat commune who was on the run from the German police, I think for a bank-robbery. I was there only trying to scape Thatcher's Britain...:rolleyes:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I was at a certain football match on Saturday, where they now play the the theme from "The Long Good Friday" just before the teams walk on the pitch.

This tune really gets me, but of course the film itself was pretty horric. The scene where Bob Hoskins sits in the back of the car over the closing credits knowing the IRA are about to messily kill him is brilliant, how he kept that up for about 5 minutes I don't know. Best bit of acting I've seen.

Who did the music btw? Is it on the net?

Interesting quote here:

great scene, and did you know that Hoskins and Brosnan have never met, their scenes were shot on separate evenings with the camera man sitting where Hoskins is for Brosnan's medium close up pointing the gun and for the reverse angle the camera man is where Brosnan is, the two actors were not on set at the same time, the language and magic of film makes them appear to be facing each other of course.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yus2nX3JXIE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yus2nX3JXIE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Especially the break at 0:43

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ecstasy Of Gold from film 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' played just before Metallica hit the stage always gets me going:clap2:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
O Fortuna - Carmina Burana - Carl Orff

Orinoco Flow - Enya

Because The Night - Springsteen or Smith

Good Morning - The Dandy Warhols

Spirit of Radio - Rush

Jane - Jefferson Starship

Messages - OMD

When Love Takes Over - David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowlands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here