Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes you follow the albion/football?

Is it Atmosphere punk:
The social side:kiss:
Just getting out the house:facepalm:
The beer:drink:
Good football:goal:
Just a habit:blush:
The new stadium:)
Excitement of something kicking off:catfight:
Sheer loyalty:bhasign:
I'm not sure which components make the urge so great for me possible thats its a combination of them all,as you get older the reasons do change in priority.
Whats the draw for you?

I like the social side of it, getting out of the house having a few beers and enjoying the atmosphere, although it is a habit now,i'm quite loyal but we are playing good football in a great new stadium. (don't care if 'it kicks off' as long as no innocents are involved)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My favourite saying "A great day out with friends, spoiled by 90 minutes of football"

The social side is what it's all about for me. A day out on the beers with mates, also a chance to meet new people and make new friends (cheeeese). I've been going 25 years, and honestly the football has probably been poor in 20 of those seasons.

The football being brilliant is an added bonus

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
My favourite saying "A great day out with friends, spoiled by 90 minutes of football"

The social side is what it's all about for me. A day out on the beers with mates, also a chance to meet new people and make new friends (cheeeese). I've been going 25 years, and honestly the football has probably been poor in 20 of those seasons.

The football being brilliant is an added bonus

FRIEND? FOOTBALL FRIEND?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I can't say exactly why I go to watch the Albion. If I had only started supporting them this season it could have been the stadium or the quality of football but over the years I have seen some cr*p football and sat cold and wet at the theatre of trees so it can't be those. I just put it down to being collectively mad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because The Albion is a part of me.

Football, no longer is.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I was taken to the Goldstone when I was 8, and have been going ever since. I still get a buzz. I've been now taking my lad for 6 year's He's now 11 and He loves it to. I think having the new ground helps. :falmer:

I can't say exactly why I go to watch the Albion. If I had only started supporting them this season it could have been the stadium or the quality of football but over the years I have seen some cr*p football and sat cold and wet at the theatre of trees so it can't be those. I just put it down to being collectively mad.

This is were i am,can't figure it out really 42 years of insanity:moo:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
It always used to be a an excuse to have a load of beer on a saturday afternoon with the boys, then kids came along and when my lad was three (He's 7 now) I got him a season ticket and now go with friends who also have kids so the kids can go to the football and enjoy it with their mates while we sneak out the back and have a few cheeky pints and a pie. The footballs not bad too these days either.

Having kids reduces my away day opportunities though but at least home games are now a proper occasion and a day out in themselves.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well first it was Peter Ward... and then it just became part of me.... the one constant in my life.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Born in Brighton, supported since 12 years old, had trials as a teen (had trials for SCC also but the less said the better) and from here it has to be sheer loyalty.
The ups and downs better than any soap on TV.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its just what I do.

For a good proportion of the past few years, its been some weird sense of duty or compulsion, that's kept me going. It would be stretching it to say it was 'fun'.

Its amazing right now though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What makes me?

It's the voices. The voices in my head!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here