Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes you cry?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I generally don't ACTUALLY cry at very much at all. Tears rolling down my face, sobbing hopelessly, is just not me. I'm sure it's down to my upbringing, as I have NEVER seen my dad cry either.

But I do well-up. I can feel tears in my eyes, and have to wipe them away sometimes. But generally it takes a lot to cause this, maybe Wembley 1983, Hereford, or Busted breaking up.

Having said that we all have a weak spot, and not always something so obvious. So, what has caused me to post this, and why now. Well, it is Rolf Harris's birthday today, and in his honour, they played "Two little boys" on the radio. Yep, gets me everytime!

There you go, I've bared my soul ....

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
you big girl gritt.

having said that, the film When the North Wind Blows (about two tigers - ahhhh) gets me blubbing.

There's no way I'm watching that film again, unless there's no-one else at home :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Minghawk said:
you big girl gritt.

I know, I know. That's exactly what I was saying to myself.

"Did you think I would leave you dying" and I could feel the tears welling up. Hopeless, I know.

My wife will cry at all sorts of stuff that doesn't raise a blink from me, but Rolf Harris and that song, just hits a nerve somewhere. I can remember it used to upset me when I heard it as a child, but I clearly haven't toughened up to it over the years.

:rolleyes:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Whenever I hear how much money a C.U.N.T. like the fat dancer from Take That earns in a year. Talentless retard.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I last cried when i saw my little brother. He was bullied out of school at 13 or so. He's such an intelligent lad, now in his early 20s, but he never recovered properly. What upsets me is that he's got this real magic inside him. Musically, comically and emotionally, he's peerlessly able. Yet people don't get the chance to see it because of his lack of confidence.
If i could wish one thing, i'd give him all he needed so the world was his as it ought to be.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Meade's_Ball said:
I last cried when i saw my little brother. He was bullied out of school at 13 or so. He's such an intelligent lad, now in his early 20s, but he never recovered properly. What upsets me is that he's got this real magic inside him. Musically, comically and emotionally, he's peerlessly able. Yet people don't get the chance to see it because of his lack of confidence.
If i could wish one thing, i'd give him all he needed so the world was his as it ought to be.

That's REALLY sad. Bullying really is such a despicable act, and I'm sure the perpetrators would have no idea of the damage they have done. But if they had only stopped and thought a bit at the time, they'd have surely realised what misery they were causing.

Dreadful. Hope things pick up for him Meade's Ball.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Any Wildlife programme about Big Cats that involves one of them dying. Big Cat Week used to be BLUB central at Casa del Chappers.

Meade's_Ball said:

That nearly made me cry

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Any Wildlife programme about Big Cats that involves one of them dying. Big Cat Week used to be BLUB central at Casa del Chappers.

Aww like when they were bringing up the 2 cheetas and one of them died!! That made me properly cry

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Cried at odd times in my life:

1990 when one of my best friends died at just 23 - saved it all until after the funeral and later when I visited her grave I couldn't stop crying

1996 travelling back from work after covering the Dunblane massacre and suddenly heard Ian Paisley MP on Radio 4 speak in the House of Commons saying: "Suffer little children to come unto me" ... I cried all the way home (30 odd miles!). Later shed tears when visited the school with my small kids and saw all the flowers.

And last year when I finally admitted to my alcoholism ....

but other than that, not since I was a kid

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Aww like when they were bringing up the 2 cheetas and one of them died!! That made me properly cry

Yeah, exactly that one. The guy had been living with them and introducing them to the wild and that coz their mother had died. He even had to get people to pretend to be predators so that they knew they couldn't trust all humans just because he'd been with them all their lives. He used to go and just sit with them and they cuddle up to him and that. Then one night they wee attacked by lions and one of them was killed, in the morning the bloke who'd been their surrogate mother went to find the body and the other cheetah was just sitting their and they both just lay there not being able to move, it was well sad.

I like big cats.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Yeah, exactly that one. The guy had been living with them and introducing them to the wild and that coz their mother had died. He even had to get people to pretend to be predators so that they knew they couldn't trust all humans just because he'd been with them all their lives. He used to go and just sit with them and they cuddle up to him and that. Then one night they wee attacked by lions and one of them was killed, in the morning the bloke who'd been their surrogate mother went to find the body and the other cheetah was just sitting their and they both just lay there not being able to move, it was well sad.

I like big cats.

Thats made me feel like i need to cry again!!! :cry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
when i'm pissed off/wound up beyond believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here