Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what makes the albion unattractive to players?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Well you've got that seriously wrong, surely you know it was because he was a lardy jocko clown racist and that is the ONLY reason players wouldn't come here? I know this, because I read it on here adfinitum.

Sorry I really should subscribe to NSC urban myth more. It's no WONDER CKR, Jarrett anfd Knight HATED Mcghee. He constantly referred to them as the 3 DEGREES (copyright Ron Atkinson) and made jokes about the slave trade whilst rubbishing Obama's presidency credentials. That's why Darren Byfield wouldn't sign.

Is that better?

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Isn't there still this rule about the salaries not being higher than 60% of turnover or income? If this is the case, salaries will be an issue for many.

Unless Tony Bloom's extra financial input counts as 'income', in which case, ignore the above.

Good question - I think the rule relates to turnover, but I am not sure if profit derived from player sales counts?

Does anyone know, do football clubs depreciate the purchase cost of players over time on their books? They are, after all, assets?

Not an issue for us though as we are never profitable.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I believe a major factor is that the majority of players we are being linked with are northern based and appear to be getting as good as or better offers from that neck of the woods.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lower 3 rd div football
Stadium still way off
Expensive house's
Unattractive for home sick Northerners

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could be lots of reasons -
Expensive housing (and expensive area to live generally);
Congestion - driving to and from training a lot less hassle in other parts of the UK;
Crap ground;
Team that doesn't really appear to be going places (hope that changes, but I'm just being realistic about now);
Lack of security - when was the last time we extended a player's contract before the old one ran out?
Vast quantities of bile on fans' websites?

Personally, I think it's that last one..........................

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Why is it players want away, or chose not to come here?
Murray and Lynch want away. Whing wont sign up, Owusu left, Dicker wont commit. Crowe has had ages to decide on us, and opted elsewhere. Same for Simpson and Theo Robinson I guess.

From what I can tell we have
a new rich chairman
money to spend to strengthen the squad in all areas
our wages are very competitive
pretty decent, well respected manager
fan base is quite good, especially away games
new stadium on the way
pretty good shout of first team, regular football
located in one of the best cities in the country
on a bit of upward momentum after the finish to last season

just an observation that more people want out, than in, so why is that???

I think that some of your observations are wide of the mark.

When did our wages become "competitive"? They were not under Knight by all accounts.
"Located in one of the best cities in the country". What planet are you on? Only popular with the faggots i'm afraid. Best thing I ever did move away from there, and I would never go back - only to watch football.

What is needed is a "big" signing to show intent and get others to believe that we a a Club on the up.

To say nothing of the gay immigrants !

So if this guy brings his Kugelsack to Brighton then we're doomed to League 2!!!

bruno.jpg

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We still have very little money to spend, this amount could be increased with sales, anyone who thinks differently i believe are deluding themselves ! Slade will sink or swim on his purchases,as once again (like most clubs in the lower leagues ) his skill and know how
in the market is so important. Bloom is financing the stadium and is not about trashing the budget on inflated egos .

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Reading certain posters on here would put some off I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here