Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What level of player do you think Gus would describe as a Gem signing?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What sort of player do you believe Gus sees as the Gem signing? And is it likely to be what most Albion fans consider as a Gem signing?

Are the two poles apart?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Are we using this as the key?

250px-Gem.pebbles.800pix.labelled.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd say, given past experience, that he means someone Vicente-esque (but who will turn up, train and play if they're under contract)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
in seriousness, I would LOVE it to be someone with top flight and international experience, but not too old. I think we missed a trick with Keith Andrews IMO. He would have been great.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Someone who understands the way Gus wants to play the game PLUS has played in the top division of whichever country they have spent most of their footballing career PLUS regularly played for their country. I would imagine.

So any ex Greek, Turkish, Zambian Internationals etc who understand how Gus likes to play and can keep the ball up 3 times without demanding to much dosh and preferably dont want any more kids, should fit right in.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would imagine it's based on his career experience or achievements more than how recognisable a name he is to the average fan. So even some random spanish player we don't know could well be a gem.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
64_henry_280x390_462656a.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here