Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Job Shall I Do?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
555kaz said:
Only know one as the others left before I started I think, and wouldn't thought you'ld know him as he was youngish (25 I think) but he was way out of his depth. Please correct me if I'm wrong but at Carringworth apparently all the machines are set and the operators just run them. At Hatchards you have to do the whole thing yourself, so he was hired as a setter/operator, where really he was a button pusher, his name was Matt by the way, can't remember his surname. I'm chef by trade, but had to get out of that as it was doing my head in. I asked my Dad if they had any jobs here for 6 weeks or so as a fill in, and here I am 6 and a half years later. With the right amount of pay rises to keep me here
That is correct Kaz. they have idiots that run around in cells for 8 hour shifts turning, milling and gundrilling parts so they are on the go non stop. f*** that lark:nono: :nono: :nono:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
B.M.F said:
That is correct Kaz. they have idiots that run around in cells for 8 hour shifts turning, milling and gundrilling parts so they are on the go non stop. f*** that lark:nono: :nono: :nono:

f***ing right, just to give you a taste of the tyoe of things we do, today I got to drill and bore 24 equi spaced 45mmh7 holes on a 2.5' pcd, within 0.0005" tir. In this weather not fun:nono: But at least you take your time and are not rushing round all day like a headless chicken

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
555kaz said:
f***ing right, just to give you a taste of the tyoe of things we do, today I got to drill and bore 24 equi spaced 45mmh7 holes on a 2.5' pcd, within 0.0005" tir. In this weather not fun:nono: But at least you take your time and are not rushing round all day like a headless chicken
get yourself into inspection mate. Easy life in there although you do have to ensure you are checking the parts correctly or your head will roll.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
B.M.F said:
get yourself into inspection mate. Easy life in there although you do have to ensure you are checking the parts correctly or your head will roll.

You'ld think so, have on a couple of ocasions had to point out inspections mistakes, and when you're talking about an £8000 component is a risky business. That said I have done a bit of it and have on more then one occasion rejected my own work :D Had to reject a bit of my dads once, I was bricking it, he had shall we say an assertive way of looking at things :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here