Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What I've learned from tonight's game.

What I learned was we have gone backwards by a long way this season unfortunately, in previous games against prem opposition we have given them a good game created chances and beaten a few admittably at the Amex even though we got thumped at Liverpool we scored was at 1-1 for a while and a bit unlucky with some of the goals conceded whereas last night we defended very well but we have no attacking options at all the forwards we have are simply not up to it at this level let alone in the prem...At present I cant see this changing and I hope that Dunk wont be sold in Jan as his current form is bound to attract big offers and with attendances falling I can see the board cashing in again!!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Ponch has a very distinctive style for the Spurs teams. I am not sure it works perfectly. A lot to learn from it and I think our players (already good a keeping possession normally) might improve at it, but not if the full backs have to cover so much ground and the strikers have to cover.

I was not impressed with the team selection or performance at WHL. Tactics were rather forced upon us by Spurs.

You'd have hoped that Hyypia had over the last few games started to learn a bit about the individual strengths of his squad and how he might deploy them in battle. Ha.
Pochettino taught Hyypia a lesson last night, Evans the week before and Karanka before that. Is Hyypia learning anything. No. Goodbye. :wave:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
What I learned was we have gone backwards by a long way this season unfortunately, in previous games against prem opposition we have given them a good game created chances and beaten a few admittably at the Amex even though we got thumped at Liverpool we scored was at 1-1 for a while and a bit unlucky with some of the goals conceded whereas last night we defended very well but we have no attacking options at all the forwards we have are simply not up to it at this level let alone in the prem...At present I cant see this changing and I hope that Dunk wont be sold in Jan as his current form is bound to attract big offers and with attendances falling I can see the board cashing in again!!
Funny you should mention the Liverpool game, young lad. The result was considered just one of those things. Had brighton lost just 2-0 under Poyet and had a good penalty shout turned down, it would have been dubbed a moral victory.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You'd have hoped that Hyypia had over the last few games started to learn a bit about the individual strengths of his squad and how he might deploy them in battle. Ha.
Pochettino taught Hyypia a lesson last night, Evans the week before and Karanka before that. Is Hyypia learning anything. No. Goodbye. :wave:

My doubts have only emerged over the last three games. If we lose our possession and passing game through bad tactics, we will get relegated. It is the high line from our full backs that I find a vulnerability with no advantages in practice. I have always thought that.

Brynsleynudge1

Jun 2, 2014
What I've learnt from the other night is: Happy that Spurs sell London Pride as a stock beer, sad that it wasn't in stock, they sell terrible coffee, I struggled to row 20 upper, i sang with the rest of the brilliant support, I wished for a striker just like the one sat in the stands to my left, I sighed when we didn't look like doing anything against a very ordinary Tottenham side, hated the feeling inside of me when you know that we're just not good enough..... I don't blame the manager or his staff for our predicament, I blame the selling culture of the club for our position. We have the best support, one of the best stadia and yet in a time of plenty we're fed gruel, everyone knows you cant polish a turd and even when its sprinkled with glitter it doesn't taste nice. Wake up Albion, spend a lot of money or the patience and loyalty of brilliant, passionate, hard working supporters will be gradually lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here