bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Scala Sans.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Veranda for me. Partly because it is works coporate font so I am using it all the time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Out of those, whilst it is a bit oldschool, Optima is nice. These days I am a Frutiger fan, an old font but very contemorary, also like a bit of Stone Sans, and Myriad is nice too. Can't go wrong with Gill sans at the end of the day though, except the 1 is rubbish.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Out of those, whilst it is a bit oldschool, Optima is nice. These days I am a Frutiger fan, an old font but very contemorary, also like a bit of Stone Sans, and Myriad is nice too. Can't go wrong with Gill sans at the end of the day though, except the 1 is rubbish.

Yuk. Yuk. Soooo 1980s, especially when together. :sick:

I've had an ongoing battle to change the fonts on one of the magazines I inherited at work as far away from these two as possible.

Frutiger can work quite nicely in the appropriate context, and can Stone and Myriad.

Rather partial to Avenir myself.

For those that care, the typeface on the top of the Albion badge is Compacta. So there.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yuk. Yuk. Soooo 1980s, especially when together. :sick:

I've had an ongoing battle to change the fonts on one of the magazines I inherited at work as far away from these two as possible.

Frutiger can work quite nicely in the appropriate context, and can Stone and Myriad.

Rather partial to Avenir myself.

For those that care, the typeface on the top of the Albion badge is Compacta. So there.

As I said, out of those made available for choice, Optima would be my choice, very 80s, we used to use it for Office Angels signs back in the 80s, in the days before Trutype, PostScript and PCs. Our fonts came on plug in cartidges costing about £250 in those days. We had over 15 fonts in our sign company, we were seriously rich! I can remember Helvetica Medium, Optima, Clarendon Bold, Century Bold, Souvenir, General Symbols, Cooper Black, Univers 65, Eurostyle Bold.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As I said, out of those made available for choice, Optima would be my choice, very 80s, we used to use it for Office Angels signs back in the 80s, in the days before Trutype, PostScript and PCs. Our fonts came on plug in cartidges costing about £250 in those days. We had over 15 fonts in our sign company, we were seriously rich! I can remember Helvetica Medium, Optima, Clarendon Bold, Century Bold, Souvenir, General Symbols, Cooper Black, Univers 65, Eurostyle Bold.

Oooh, nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here