Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your favourite/most treasured CONCERT t-shirt?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
probably my Rock On The Range one from this year, with all the bands listed on the back...cracking line up!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Park life - Blur - 94 - has worn remarkably well

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's a toughie:

The Who 'Tommy' at Radio City Music Hall 1989 in tasteful red and silver on black wins it for me.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
Being an impressionable 17-year old I got an art student friend (Luke Cresswell of Stomp fame actually!!) to do me a copy of Strummers red 'Brigate Rosse' number as worn at Victoria Park back in '78 - it seemed absolute class back then!

Although in retrospect the 'support' of those murderous red thugs was clearly an error of judgement!! :annoyed:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
The Pixies "Death to the Pixies" from the late eighties. It was really well made with thick cotton unlike 99% of tour t shirts.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
The Pixies "Death to the Pixies" from the late eighties. It was really well made with thick cotton unlike 99% of tour t shirts.

Funnily enough, my Doolitle T-shirt from the 89 tour was going to be one of mine, along with my theTHE vs the world 90 t-shirt- an Andy Dog design only on these shirts.

My PWEI pink on yellow Reading '89 warm up tour T-shirt is one I've not seen too many of- only 4 gigs, see.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think the merch stalls do a fair bit of business in the post-gig euphoria, and I inadvisedly bought a horrendous half-sleeved t-shirt (?) with a tattoo motif on the chest, with Placebo in it's centre after a particularly brilliant show at The Brixton Academy...

Got it home and the next day thought, 'Why the f*ck did I buy that...' and promptly whizzed it down the local Oxfam :blush:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chameleons debut tour shirt from 1985. It is now extremely threadbare, but I will be wearing it on Saturday night when John Lever and Mark Burgess play a set in Manchester.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Alas, showing my age, Dire Straits - One every street shirt!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
'88 I had the white with pink 'yes' logo, and the black with multi-coloured 'Prince'88' writing- which I loved. His concert T-shirts went downhill after these, in my opinion (some would say as did his career!).

I bought a Lovesexy bootleg t-shirt outside Wembley Arena after the concert, it was dreadful, white t-shirt with a crown on it and a faded pic of the purple peach of pop. Now go tell your mother 'bout that!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
had some classics back in the day, Clash and Sisters ones standout in my memory as expecially cool plus I has a great Charlatans / Ride one from the Brighton Centre. Of those few that survive there's 3 that warrant particular mention;
1. a long sleeve Beastie Boys License To Ill white one that I got at Brixton Acadamy when they played with Run DMC in '84 I think - the show where they had caged go go dancer girls each side of the stage and a massive inflatable phalus.
2. a dark green Neil Young & Crazyhorse Greendale tour t-shirt I got at Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne on the night England beat Australia in the Rugby World Cup final over here.
3. A grey Bluetones t-shirt with a Kappa like Bluetones motive down each sleeve and a Londsdale style Bluetones badge on the breast, which I got at V97 in Chelmsford.
And yes, I know this message is useless without pictures, but I'm bored at work again right now so you'll just have to believe me...

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
My fave is my wildhearts donington 94 shirt

football_shirt_23_1_276x400.jpg

football_shirt_23_2_276x400.jpg

Ive got this one,it is quality-my favorite though,The Almighty all over
print from the Crank tour plus Whitesnake European tour 1983,bought on
the Brussels leg

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I had a wonderstuff T-shirt from eight legged groove machine - I loved it - part of my Friday night going out uniform -along with a button up grandad T-shirt and DM's. Bought a Kebab one night at the bridge kebab house in Liverpool - got home and puked all over it. I loved it so much that in my drunken state i put it in an ALDI's bag and thought I would clean it up in the morning. Put it in the bottom of my wardrobe and totally forgot about it.

About 6 weeks later pulled a young lady - said lady bit of a psycho snoop found said ALDI's bag with T-shirt half rotten and stinking. She was so impressed that I am still with her now nearly 19 yrs on.

p.s. can't bring myself to throw away my stone roses (boot 1988), cure prayer tour 1989 eaten by moths, sonic youth, dinosaur junour or pale saints T-shirts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here