Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Amex

Votes: 59 64.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's got to be the Goldstone for me, just for the memories. The cigar smell, seeing the floodlights from a distance, standing on a box in the chicken run as a nipper. Wonderful memories that can never be replaced by anything. Probably the same for any 8/9 year old going to the Amex now, it stays with you forever.

steve-c

could never vote against the goldstone, so many good memories, but the amex is a modern stadium and our new home for the future, so no vote as i could'nt vote against our old home.

kjgood

Like a few others i find it hard to vote, forget the Priestfield and Withdean, they dont come close to being home, 1970 the 'Chicken Run' at the Goldstone, 1997 Doncaster, the last post, how could i vote against it despite it being an awfull ground, however the AMEX OMG its wonderful, and still brings a lump to my throat when i get there, but is it actually home yet? Have we got the memories there yet?

Ask the same question in five years time please, it may be easier to answer.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes MoH..... Intentionally!!
Surprising as it may seem I quite liked Priestfield, I'm in a tiny minority who preferred it to Withdean. (Family reasons, nothing to do with the football - although it did have terracing).

In order mine would be:
Amex
Goldstone
Priestfield
Withdean

And no, unlike others I don't have any qualms about putting the Amex first. There were some great times at the Goldstone, but we always knew it was a bit of a shithole. And towards the end of its life it was a decaying, rotting, shithole.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Amex is fantastic but has yet to match the atmosphere at games like we had against Ipswich and Derby in 1976. The place did become a total shit hole though.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's got to be the Goldstone for me, just for the memories. The cigar smell, seeing the floodlights from a distance, standing on a box in the chicken run as a nipper. Wonderful memories that can never be replaced by anything. Probably the same for any 8/9 year old going to the Amex now, it stays with you forever.

This is exactly what i was thinking

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
I still call any home ground the Albion play 'the Goldstone'. For me Falmer is the Goldstone now, I can't seem to stop saying to my old Dad if he asks 'Yeah, I'm off out the Goldstone today-I'll pop by later'

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The goldstone for me , good and bad memories from a bygone age !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I only went to The Goldstone twice and I was too young to really appreciate it so I can't really vote for that.
I also went to Withdean a fair few times so obviously I'm not going to vote for that.
I actually have fond memories of The Priestfield, my one trip there was on Boxing Day and we drew 4-4 with Colchester after coming back from 3-0 down, plus it only cost £2 to get in, 25p a goal is great value!
Obviously I'm voting Amex though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here