Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your biggest weakness??

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
I have recently been asked this in a job interview, it's a right difficult one to answer as you don't want to make yourself look shit, but at the same time you can't honestly expect them to believe you don't have any notable ones.

what would/do you say in interviews when asked, or what could you say to overcome this predicament confidently??

serious suggestions preferred!!

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
I would say my strength is knowing my weaknesses...

not sure what response this would have, probably

"Which are?"

and then I'd say "bugger"

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have recently been asked this in a job interview, it's a right difficult one to answer as you don't want to make yourself look shit, but at the same time you can't honestly expect them to believe you don't have any notable ones.

what would/do you say in interviews when asked, or what could you say to overcome this predicament confidently??

serious suggestions preferred!!

I do like a good game of Russian roulette ............You first :angel:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
being a racist ? shows honesty and being able to admit to it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
"My weakness is probably that I can be too single minded. When I start a task I tend to want to neglect things in order to finish it and sometimes have to force myself to take care of other matters."

I'd have said something like that.

In reality I'm a lazy bugger who tries hard to avoid hard work

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
"My weakness is probably that I can be too single minded. When I start a task I tend to want to neglect things in order to finish it and sometimes have to force myself to take care of other matters."

I'd have said something like that.

In reality I'm a lazy bugger who tries hard to avoid hard work

yep that's the right answer. Don't be honest in that situation, just give some bullshit about how you ended up working all night whne you didn't have to.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
i said that i am sometimes too quick to begin a task, using only my own knowledge and experience for guidance, where it may be better to consider other options and seek other (more) experienced colleagues advice.

i think thats pretty good, but does show you to be quite incompetent and possibly could put you back in the employment stakes.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I was asked this in an interview and responded with something like happypig said. I now do interviews and refuse to ask questions like that. There is no real answer and in my opinion is only ever asked to try and trick someone.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Mine was "wasting time on stupid questions like this" really havent people got better questions to ask?:tosser:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It's a bit of a bollocks interview question. It's worth asking because sometimes people are too honest - I was interviewing someone for a consulting role and hour ago and she said that she can be shy - not exactly great for a consulting role then!

The worst answer in my book is the usual "I'm a perfectionist" rubbish (sorry Happypig!). I normally say that's a strength, I want a weakness and ask them for another. That usually throws them!

If i were you, I'd approach in one of two ways:

1. Just be honest about your weakness IF it does not directly effect your ability to do the job (i.e. don't say programming in Java if you are going for a Java role). A good example would be if you were going for a data analyst role being a bit flaky at public speaking presentations is highly unlikely to effect your chances. If you are going for a role which needs a skill that is a weakness you should seriously question why you are there anyway.

2. Come up with a weakness that you are working on. Maybe in your last appraisal someone said you are not good at coping with change. You could say that you have taken that on board, and are trying to be more open minded about change and relish new ways of working.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here