Attachments

• Albion 1979.jpg
    Albion 1979.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 61

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
looks good but Reyes?Barnes not even on your bench?

Nah, I'd prefer JFC if I'm honest, I think Barnes has had plenty of opportunities to shine and has missed them all. Time to give JFC a decent run and see what he can do at his age.

Reyes......well I f***ed up there a bit didn't I!!!! Um, pop him on the bench in place of El Abd or Ankergren (I'd trust Reyes more in goal than him if totally honest!!!!)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Having never seen Vokes, Gonzalez or Mattock play, seen Vicente to any standard nor seen Reyes in midfield, hard to call.

I would say though that the following have to be in: Greer, Dunk, Calderon, Bridcutt, Buckley, CMS. and then pick another five. Dunk is so obviously the real deal he just has to keep playing, sorry Adam/Tommy. Calderon may not be the best defensively but our attacking play just does not function without him pushing forward and overlapping the winger (although expect Gus to put Reyes there though, will take a lot to convince me thats not a mistake). Bridcutt is another like Dunk who is improving all the time and is destined for big things (can we keep him in the summer?). Rest are obvious

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
true........maybe it's because he looks like my old boss that I have a bit of a downer on him perhaps?

Tomalbion

Sep 7, 2011
Brez
Reyes Greer Dunk Mattock
Bridcutt
Buckley Vicente Noone
CMS Vokes

Bench -
Ankergren
A.E.A
J.F.C
Lua-Lua
Barnes

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
El Abd isn't really a full back, and certainly not a left back.

But El Abd has played the last few games at Left back and done a very good job, so i picked him in that position as well as if Poyet has been playing him there why cant he be in our ideal teams in that position.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
GK - Brezovan

LB - Mattock - Haven't seen him yet but I have little faith in Painter at this level.
CB - Dunk
CB - Greer
RB - Reyes

LW - Lua Lua
CM - Vicente
DM - Bridcutt
RM - Buckley

CF - CMS
CF - Vokes

Subs.

El Abd
Sparrow
Noone
Barnes
Gonzalez

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
But El Abd has played the last few games at Left back and done a very good job,

Got skinned everytime by Zaha on tuesday due to a lack of pace - this also happened at Reading away when he played on the right. So the only sensible place for Adam is in the middle of defence, I'm afraid.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Why are lots of you picking Vokes and Mattock? Mattock hasn't played yet and Vokes had half hour! Reyes i can understand, and he might start tomorrow if fully fit. Gus gave the impression in his press conference, that there won't be too many changes as we've been playing well recently. I think his words were along the line of ' i won't try and be clever' or words to that affect in regards to making big changes with the team. But hey...you never know with Gus!

I just think it's too early to put SV and JM in a 'Best Albion starting 11' thread :cheers:

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
1.brez
2.calde 5.Dunk 4.Greer 3.ALA
6.Reyes7.Bridcutt
8.Buckley 9Vicente 11.Spaz away/ LuaLua home
10.CMS

4-2-3-1

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
-------------------------Brezovan-------------------------
----Reyes-------Greer--------El-Abd-----Mattock------
-------------------------Bridcutt--------------------------
---Buckley---------------------------------LuaLua-------
------------------------Vicente----------------------------
--------------Vokes----------------------------------------
----------------------------------CMS----------------------

Subs: Sparrow, Dunk, Agdestein, Noone, Navarro (sod having a keeper on the bench :lolol:)
I feel like a bastard for leaving out Barnes, Calde, Painter, JFC and Dicker but there just isn't any room..

This. But I would also sneak Dunk on without anyone knowing.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Thought this was worth a :bounce: - 7 months on what are your thoughts people?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Having never seen Vokes, Gonzalez or Mattock play, seen Vicente to any standard nor seen Reyes in midfield, hard to call.

I would say though that the following have to be in: Greer, Dunk, Calderon, Bridcutt, Buckley, CMS. and then pick another five. Dunk is so obviously the real deal he just has to keep playing, sorry Adam/Tommy. Calderon may not be the best defensively but our attacking play just does not function without him pushing forward and overlapping the winger (although expect Gus to put Reyes there though, will take a lot to convince me thats not a mistake). Bridcutt is another like Dunk who is improving all the time and is destined for big things (can we keep him in the summer?). Rest are obvious

Thought this was worth a :bounce: - 7 months on what are your thoughts people?

I still think Dunk should be playing, however good El-Abd is at present I think Dunk could be amazing if he gets the game time and allowed to develop. If we are to be in the prem next year could AEA hack it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here