Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the proudest reason for being an Albion fan?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i couldnt possibly conceive supporting any other club , that day at hereford when kerry scored that own goal that would of seen us relegated to non league football i felt like i was going to be sick , then i looked around and saw thousands of others with the same look on their faces ,the agony was replaced by the ecstasy and we survived , not many clubs have been through what Brighton and Hove Albion have been through and come out the other end in the fantastic situation we find ourselves now, im proud to support Brighton and every brighton supporter to me on matchday are like brothers (and sisters) we are a great club, our football in the community scheme is something to be proud of , our new stadium likewise , and what makes it even better is we are building a team to compete at a expected higher level next seaon . All this them and us bullshit thats filtering through on other threads means bugger all to me , We are Brighton til we die :)

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Supporting my local team and being able to see them every other week easily without travelling half way across the country or sitting on a sofa watching sky sports. Supporting the albion I am proud to feel like im part of something, like at charlton and peterborough, and that is something a premiership plastic will never experience. Oh and were f***ing brilliant.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is my home, I was born here,I have lived in many towns and cities, none compare to this city, my family are buried here, and so will I.

There is no feeling like the feeling when you here 2/3 thousand fellow fans sing AAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLBBBBBBION.

I choke up, I nearly cry sometimes, I Love this city and the Club.

end of

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
There's a collective subconscience, an unspoken but unbreakable bond among Brighton fans that goes right back beyond the rise through the leagues in the 70s, the glory days in the top flight, the Cup Final of 83 and the agony of Smith not scoring. The slow, painful, seemingly inexorable decline, spotted with brief flares of optimistic revival with Brady et al, only to be dashed, down to the desperate nadir of the mid/late 90s.

The coming together of the fans during our darkest moments to fight a hated and crooked regime, the defiance at the Goldstone during the relegation last days of the doomed 95/96 season and the reclaiming of it as our own during the Gritt days, so at least we were able to bury it as ours again, not theirs. The ongoing fight to get the club back to Brighton and the never-ending, will-not-be-moved fight for a new stadium, not forgotten during a period of brilliant revival on the field, back to back titles, Adams, Zamora, all the while keeping one eye on the fact that we needed a new home.

The ultimate culmination, after so many false dawns, of that fight, in our victory against the nimbys, the naysayers, the anti-football brigade who wrongly see our determination, our tribalism, out togetherness and determination as threatening, something to be feared. And now, with the sun finally peeping over the Falmer horizon, the coming of Poyet, the rebirth of a club that's been forced into a mould too small for it for too long, the reawakening and reclaiming of lost support.

Even those of us too young to have seen and experienced all of the above, it's nonetheless in their fan DNA. It's understood and shared by all of us. That's why I'm proud to be a Brighton fan.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Born in Brighton. Family on my mums side were all Albion supporters and took me to the Goldstone when I was knee high to a grasshopper. That's where it all started.

Living in Toronto and telling plastic premiership supporters that I support my home club is rather satisfying. I've met other lower league supporters who won't support anyone else except their home teams, e.g. Port Vale, Luton, etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like many on here my grandad took me to a game some 60+ years ago and I have followed them ever since, irrespective of where I have lived, taking my sons and their sons and hopefully one day a great grandson to Falmer. I must say as many of todays kids like Man U or Chelsea, as a young lad in 1950 I also liked Spurs and through having pubs in London have always been a secret, or not so secret to the family, Spurs supporter but that is nothing like my love for BHA.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
This club is a reflection of what real glory is all about in football.

Is any fan in the country or may I say the world as excited as an Albion fan right now?
Who has gone this long without a stadium?
How many clubs have dealt with ridiculous debts and a 2 year stint playing home games a 2/3 hour drive away without going into administration?
How many clubs have experienced what happened in that final year of the Goldstone?
How many homeless clubs win 2 back to back titles, a play-off final win (thanks to Virgo), knock the richest team in the world out of the league cup, and stuff their rivals at Sellhurst?
How many homeless clubs get an international premirship centre-forward to smash 83 goals in for you?
How many clubs have got a stadium like Falmer?
How many clubs have a manger Like Poyet?

We are unique and special, something Poyet has said himself.

I'm proud because this is a club like no other.

Last edited:

Sep 1, 2010
Knowing that i am not one of those soul-less turds that feels the only thing i need to do to support my club is to buy a replica shirt from sports world and then go shopping on a Saturday afternoon and base my opinions of a game from what i heard Andy Gray say on Sky.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The fact that despite all the bullshit we've been through, The relegation battles & loss of our home we're still here. The fans are still here, the stripes are still here & it makes me proud that the light is visable at the end of the tunnel with Falmer & (hopefully) going one step closer to the promised land.

Echoing what ringleader said on the way home from Charlton i was sitting on the train raving on about how well our club had played away from home & on the same train was some miserable Arsenal fan moaning how his team of international superstars had won.

Absolutely right. The number of times I've shared a train home with Chelski fans looking like they'd just been stuffed 4-0, only to turn on the telly once home and discover they'd actually won.

Love your avatar, btw, mate :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There's a collective subconscience, an unspoken but unbreakable bond among Brighton fans that goes right back beyond the rise through the leagues in the 70s, the glory days in the top flight, the Cup Final of 83 and the agony of Smith not scoring. The slow, painful, seemingly inexorable decline, spotted with brief flares of optimistic revival with Brady et al, only to be dashed, down to the desperate nadir of the mid/late 90s.

The coming together of the fans during our darkest moments to fight a hated and crooked regime, the defiance at the Goldstone during the relegation last days of the doomed 95/96 season and the reclaiming of it as our own during the Gritt days, so at least we were able to bury it as ours again, not theirs. The ongoing fight to get the club back to Brighton and the never-ending, will-not-be-moved fight for a new stadium, not forgotten during a period of brilliant revival on the field, back to back titles, Adams, Zamora, all the while keeping one eye on the fact that we needed a new home.

The ultimate culmination, after so many false dawns, of that fight, in our victory against the nimbys, the naysayers, the anti-football brigade who wrongly see our determination, our tribalism, out togetherness and determination as threatening, something to be feared. And now, with the sun finally peeping over the Falmer horizon, the coming of Poyet, the rebirth of a club that's been forced into a mould too small for it for too long, the reawakening and reclaiming of lost support.

Even those of us too young to have seen and experienced all of the above, it's nonetheless in their fan DNA. It's understood and shared by all of us. That's why I'm proud to be a Brighton fan.

This, from the moment I saw Wardys first goal for England under 21s.... he was ours and he scored for England on his homeground.... OUR HOME!.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How we've stared extinction in the face and now getting much good press And having yoyoed are getting so much good press and dare I say respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here