Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the point of NSC?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think NSC overestimates how much of a brilliant community it is a lot of the time. It’s pretty much par for the course for a forum of its size.

I use another football forum and over the last 12 months there’s been threads to decide the forums favourite song of the decade/all time, there’s been games of pointless & sheep. There’s sub forums dedicated to Mafia & another for football drafts. There’s a massive amount of prediction leagues. Dedicated stickied mental & physical health support threads as well as one for people struggling with their drinking. All of this is done by members who just want to do something for everyone else. The mods also run user-voted end of year awards & there isn’t ad on the site. Despite the obvious distance issues there’s been a couple of meets over the last 5 years & there was one organised for this June. Then people meet up for drinks quite often when their paths cross. I’ve ended up on the piss with a few lads from there after they’ve visited The Amex.

That to me; feels more a community than NSC does. NSC simply feels like a forum where everyone shares one obvious connection.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think NSC overestimates how much of a brilliant community it is a lot of the time. It’s pretty much par for the course for a forum of its size.

I use another football forum and over the last 12 months there’s been threads to decide the forums favourite song of the decade/all time, there’s been games of pointless & sheep. There’s sub forums dedicated to Mafia & another for football drafts. There’s a massive amount of prediction leagues. Dedicated stickied mental & physical health support threads as well as one for people struggling with their drinking. All of this is done by members who just want to do something for everyone else. The mods also run user-voted end of year awards & there isn’t ad on the site. Despite the obvious distance issues there’s been a couple of meets over the last 5 years & there was one organised for this June. Then people meet up for drinks quite often when their paths cross. I’ve ended up on the piss with a few lads from there after they’ve visited The Amex.

That to me; feels more a community than NSC does. NSC simply feels like a forum where everyone shares one obvious connection.

A sub forum dedicated to Mafia? I knew NSC was missing something :smile:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was. But you carry on towing the NSC clique protectionist line if it makes you feel happier. To this point I ma sure NSC may feel like a community to the "in" crowd, laughing at all their player scapegoat jokes and ganging up on any outsider who dares to present a different opinion. But for the rest, I can imagine it is fairly alienating.

And yet everyone on the thread agreed that the NHS should be better funded ! :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was. But you carry on towing the NSC clique protectionist line if it makes you feel happier. To this point I ma sure NSC may feel like a community to the "in" crowd, laughing at all their player scapegoat jokes and ganging up on any outsider who dares to present a different opinion. But for the rest, I can imagine it is fairly alienating.

When I go to a pub and it's really really shit, I figure I have two options

1. Leave and go to other pubs until I find one I like.

2. Stay in the shit pub, telling everyone in the pub how shit it is, continuously.

I've never actually tried option 2, but figure that if I did it for long enough, even the most placid, well balanced and agreeable drinkers in there, who put up with all sorts of knobbers spouting all sorts of shit normally, might think I really was a **** ???

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Go and support a different club. Great. Thanks.

And yet AGAIN, you've misunderstood what was posted. WZ isn't suggesting you go and support a different club, more that you might want to find another BHA forum more suited to your delicate feelings. I like to drink Kronenburg but I wouldn't continue to drink it in a pub I hated, I'd find another pub to continue my support of my favourite tipple.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It really is, isn't it?

Funnily enough, before all this current shit started unfolding I was pondering how to do some more actual face-to-face type events.

Members of the running thread have managed to achieve this. Normally at a park on a Saturday morning. Great to have a chinwag with them in real life as well as on here...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Marvellous Binfest now underway, perhaps that is what the original point of this thread was actually about...

And I'm back to the Test Cricket thread, we need to get Bradman out ASAP

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think the above exchange between three posters illustrate all that is great about NSC and why we all get hooked. The ability to cause a binfest with just a few simple words.

Ooh the drama, etc, etc.

*grabs popcorn*

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
What is the point of NSC? Wasnt it created in case there was ever a pandemic?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

S.S.C. Napoli?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Quite right, Zef.

Fancy having a REMF '20 years on' meet-up / kick about / game next year?

Haven't kicked a ball for over 10 years, but I think I've got one more game left in me...:thumbsup:

It's probably a really bad idea health-wise, but if I'm going to go, it may as well be with my boots on. And an Albion shirt. :ascarf:

A brilliant idea, I havent played football since about 2001/2 . . . my knees isn't up to much! I'm half fit though so would definitely be up for it.

It'd be great to catch up with the old gang again as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here