Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the most bizarre/memorable Albion game(s) you have attended ?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
1-1 Charlton at Withdean, Calde got sent off early and Charlton scored an early penalty. Murray equalised after about half an hour.

The two memorable things were the mist - I don't think Charlton knew they'd scored for a few seconds, and then on half time the ball came back to Ankergren and no Charlton player challenged him for it, so he stood with the ball until the half time whistle went for a minute or so to applause from the stands.

At least that's how I remember it.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
2 for me.

Brown envelopes against Chesterfield at Withdean and the scenes at their team coach in the car park after the game.

And a seeing Peter Shilton in goal for Leyton Orient at the Godstone. Was that the same game where someone ran onto the pitch to have a fight with Ray Wilkins?

Peter Shilton didn’t play for the Orient at the Goldstone.

He played at Brisbane Road against us in his 1000th game.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
!972 v villa
Lochhead is a fairy chants reverberating around the Goldstone as we belittled the midland giants.....ah, real sardine time that day

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Definitely the Palace penalty game for me too. Absolute crazy game and due to the circumstances the atmosphere was amazing. Shame about the result though!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has to be Crystal Palace away in late 80’s with the 5 penalties - just a very surreal but enjoyable day even though we eventually lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there.

Most bizarre game ever. “Enjoyable”? Nah. I always hate losing to them. But it was a day out I’ll never forget and I doubt I’ll say that about many Premier League games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Peter Shilton didn’t play for the Orient at the Goldstone.

He played at Brisbane Road against us in his 1000th game.

Yes, I was there at that, dire game and again on sky tv on a Sunday I think.
If I’m right the old bill closed all the pubs, because of the trouble the year before and people were just buying beer from all the offies....

Good day out, shite result.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This game was pretty memorable. Bob Booker scored one of theirs.

Was going to cite this one, remember saying to my mate at half time, " If they can score 3 in a half, so can we."

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Steaua Bucharest friendly. We were 4-0 up at half time and then they brought on their first team. Dragged it back to 4-4 and then Crumps scored the winner.

Best pre season game ever!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Definitely the Palace Kelvin Morton penalty game.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1996/97 was eventful throughout.

The walkout vs Lincoln

The break in vs Mansfield

The whistles vs Hull

Fans United vs Hartlepool

Wilkins assault vs Orient

The Bellotti chase vs Darlington

Final Goldstone game vs Doncaster

Hereford final game

You’ll never have a season like that again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2 for me.

Brown envelopes against Chesterfield at Withdean and the scenes at their team coach in the car park after the game.

And a seeing Peter Shilton in goal for Leyton Orient at the Godstone. Was that the same game where someone ran onto the pitch to have a fight with Ray Wilkins?

Right hooks unloaded at 0:05.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Right hooks unloaded at 0:05.

An old school pal, that was. Got his eventual come uppance for an indescretion at Sarfend away, if I'm not mistaken.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A random League One win away to Bradford, loanee Dean Bowditch scoring the winner deep into stoppage time to make it 3-2.

Losing 0-2 at Withdean to ****ing Kidderminster who played most of the game with 10 men. (Scott Stamps was sent off... for stamping). Distinctly remember the only entertainment for us being a cross field ball which bounced over Rod Thomas's head.
Oh and I was in the shitty "internet stand" behind the goal.

Weird the things you remember.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Oh and El Hadj Diouf getting sent off away at Leeds after equalising with a penalty (foul by Calde). Then running over and grabbing his crotch at the Albion fans and immediately getting sent off.

I think we won it 3-2 with Ulloa scoring a great header in the last minute.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Away at Fulham in the Sherpa Van Trophy mid-80s. My missus-to-be lived in Putney but couldn't be arsed leaving the pub to walk across to the Cottage. I returned a couple of hours later to tell her we'd won, 6-1!

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Oh and El Hadj Diouf getting sent off away at Leeds after equalising with a penalty (foul by Calde). Then running over and grabbing his crotch at the Albion fans and immediately getting sent off.

I think we won it 3-2 with Ulloa scoring a great header in the last minute.

One of the most entertaining and memorable games I've been to. It was us fans that got him sent off.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Away at Fulham in the Sherpa Van Trophy mid-80s. My missus-to-be lived in Putney but couldn't be arsed leaving the pub to walk across to the Cottage. I returned a couple of hours later to tell her we'd won, 6-1!

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk
I went to that game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here