What is the lowest form of wit?

THe lowest for of wit

• Sarcasm

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Banter (whatever that means)

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Puns

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • One-trick ponies who think they are proper hilario with the same tedious gag

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • The sitcom "Life of Riley"

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • A.N. Other

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
in this day and age I f***ing hate people 'fishing' (not the puns) on the net.

With no frame of reference, no visual clues, no context it's just saying (typing out) something which people naturally take at face value. Fine when you're obviously taking the piss or there are enough clues and it goes over some people's head, that's funny, but a lot of dicks just write something untrue then haw haw when people assume it is true. Cock knockers.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Pun banter in The Life of Riley, retold sarcastically be Ricky Gervais

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
in this day and age I f***ing hate people 'fishing' (not the puns) on the net.

With no frame of reference, no visual clues, no context it's just saying (typing out) something which people naturally take at face value. Fine when you're obviously taking the piss or there are enough clues and it goes over some people's head, that's funny, but a lot of dicks just write something untrue then haw haw when people assume it is true. Cock knockers.
Good call. Although it IS funny when somebody writes something that they DO believe, and then when it is mercilessly shredded they then try and pretend that it was just a wind-up and ha ha you all fell for it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Miranda
Mrs Brown's Boys

ANY of us could write better comedy. Easily.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Puns. Any thread on NSC that turns into puns I close down. Humour for dullards without a personality.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Good call. Although it IS funny when somebody writes something that they DO believe, and then when it is mercilessly shredded they then try and pretend that it was just a wind-up and ha ha you all fell for it.

true dat

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Humour derived from the misfortune of others, otherwise known as shadenfreude is the lowest in my opinion.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Humour derived from the misfortune of others, otherwise known as shadenfreude is the lowest in my opinion.

I agree with this. In particular, belittling one's girlfriend or other half on a public forum is particularly disgusting and something I hold no truck with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here