Southwick

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Door_to_door_salesman.jpg

? :lol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I think Mark Kermode has a pretty brilliant job. You could obviously be higher paid, ut he is basically paid to watch films all week, do an hour on Radio 5 and half an hour on BBC 2, and write a couple of film related articles for Sight and Sound or The Guardian. Plus, he gets paid to go to film festivals and premieres, plus gets to meet famous people and doesn't have to pay ridiculous prices for cinema tickets (or extra surcharges for crappy 3D effects!).

Also think something in films would be really fun - an actor would be good but I bet there's people behind the scenes that make a mint and do little.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think Mark Kermode has a pretty brilliant job. You could obviously be higher paid, ut he is basically paid to watch films all week, do an hour on Radio 5 and half an hour on BBC 2, and write a couple of film related articles for Sight and Sound or The Guardian. Plus, he gets paid to go to film festivals and premieres, plus gets to meet famous people and doesn't have to pay ridiculous prices for cinema tickets (or extra surcharges for crappy 3D effects!).

Also think something in films would be really fun - an actor would be good but I bet there's people behind the scenes that make a mint and do little.

Thats ok if you're a film fan....

A mate of mine is a costume designer for films and has worked on all the Pirates of the Caribean movies and he f***ing hates it. He gets shipped out to sunnier clime and while they're allout shooting he's stuck in a warehouse in stifling heat making costumes and doing fittings - its about as unglamouros as you can get. He even went for a job on Eastenders just to get away from it. On the plus side he is mates with Johnny Depp, which may make up for it....

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Thats ok if you're a film fan....

A mate of mine is a costume designer for films and has worked on all the Pirates of the Caribean movies and he f***ing hates it. He gets shipped out to sunnier clime and while they're allout shooting he's stuck in a warehouse in stifling heat making costumes and doing fittings - its about as unglamouros as you can get. He even went for a job on Eastenders just to get away from it. On the plus side he is mates with Johnny Depp, which may make up for it....

Fair enough but even if you're not I still think watching a film is a more fun way to spend a couple of hours getting paid than a lot of jobs.

I think a football pundit would be a cool job as well. The only problem would be that you'd probably not be able to see Brighton as often, but you would be being paid to watch football and write about it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One of my son's mates had arguably the coolest job in the world. While travelling in Oz, he somehow ended up working in Cheeky Monkeys party bar in Byron Bay. One of his jobs was to apply the iced water to the contestants in the weekly Miss Wet T-Shirt contest (prize $300 Cash!). He's probably still there :lol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I read in the paper this morning that Mariah Carey employs someone just to keep an eye on her breasts. Gis a job!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'd hate Mark Kermode's job.

Travel writer for me any day

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Famous musician/performer if you can keep the drug habit controlled. Money, travel, as much of the drink/sex/drugs lifestyle as you want/don't want, fans who don't turn on you quickly (unless you're a created pop act).

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There was a job at a strip club, applying baby oil to the strippers before they go on, and then helping them shower off after the show. I rang up for it and was told "you need to go to Oxford". I asked "Do I need a degree then ?"
"No", said the bloke, "that's where the end of the queue is"

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Bikini waxer for Girls Aloud - saw it advertised in the 'Hot Jobs' jobs section of The Argus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here