Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the biggest bet you have ever had?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's the biggest amount of money you have ever bet on something?

(Stuff like £1 10-leg accumulators when you lost the last leg do not count unless £1 is the most you have ever bet on anything.)

Just curious, like...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
£1 on us to beat Ipswich and stay up.

I lost, but at least we stayed up.

Not really a gambling person me!:lolol:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
£50 on Kerry McFadden to win I'm a celebrity, get me out of here a couple of years ago.

Netted: £600 Ker-Ching :clap2:

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
I had £300 on a Crawley in an FAC tie a couple of years ago. We won 4-1, and although it was odds-on I still won £200.

I haven't bet, unless you count the lottery, for about 18 months.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...an eighteen stone liverpuddlian lass, oh hang on, wrong thread...

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
$100 on one spin of the roulette table in Vegas on black, yep it came up red :angry:
But in UK only £30 on a race at Cheltenham, yep that lost too but was over £100 up :clap2:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I had £7000 on Liverpool to beat TNS at home. I think though I'm not sure I had the same amout on England to beat NI at home as well !!

Jul 20, 2003
I've staked a grand on a dozen or so occassions but only on 1-4 or shorter, everytime the bet came in - haven't done that for over a year, but I will do it again.

Novemeber is my big football betting month and I shall be staking £200 a week on trebles with accumulative odds of around 3-1 - this has worked well for me in the past

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Had a mad day recently and done 1200 dollars a hand on blackjack - luckily I won that hand and stopped playing when I got to 5 grand up. Was doing 300 dollars a hand for hours to get this amount.

Betting wise I have won and lost several hundred on numerous occassions, I was too greedy. Now I'm more patient, take calculated risks and only bet what you can afford to lose, even when you are 'up'.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I did £100 on Hurricane Run to win the Arc a few weeks ago. Don't know why, cos I don't usually bet. I won £400, which was brilliant as I've just moved into a new place.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Biggest winning stake: £800 on a horse called Tumbleweed Pearl at Bath races in 1996 (I think). She won by about 8 lengths at 6/4.

Biggest losing stakes: £500 on a horse called Charnwood Forest at Ascot in the same year (finished second by a head at 5/4), and £500 on Albion to get relegated last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here