Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what is the best foreign country you've ever been to ?

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Mauritius was fantastic.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Brazil - a country that size has to have everything - the biggest rivers, the biggest waterfalls, amazing wildlife, thousands of miles of beaches - so some have to be good, Ihla Grande (my favourite island) and above all Rio - the greatest city in the world.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
chips and gravy said:
I'm a culture vulture. I like places with lots of history and fantastic scenery. For me the most exciting place I have been has got to be Peru. Scenery is unbelievable, people are very friendly and it's full of the most amazing ruins. And you get to eat guinea pig

I'll second that :clap2: - Macchu Picchu is everything it's cracked up to be and more, want to go back to see Lago Titicaca.

Italy is fantastic, and I want to see more of the US than just Florida and Boston.

Last edited:

Ooh, decisions, decisions. It depends a lot on how I am feeling regarding my travelling priorities. Burkina Faso (for the people), Georgia (for Svaneti - the greatest place on Earth), Kyrgyzstan (for the beauty of the landscape) and Lebanon for reasons difficult to put into words, but which revolve around the complexity of the politics and society, the ways in which it has dealt with its recent history, and the women of West Beirut - the most gorgeous I have ever seen. It also has Baalbek, which alone makes it one of the most amazing places on Earth.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
BrightonBird said:
Turkey. The locals are very friendly, the sea is beautiful and everything is cheap.

Absolutely. agree!!!.... where in Turkey?

What are we looking for? Best? Or most "foreign"?

As an addict of Italy, I would always rate that country highly. But Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic have delivered just about everything I was looking for.

If you really want "foreign", my recommendation would be Omsk, in Siberia. On the face of it, as modern as Western Europe (rather like Birmingham, in fact), but with people who have no experience whatsoever of tourism or foreigners. And, therefore, a genuine interest in the few foreign visitors that they get. And all the generous hospitality that anyone could hope for.

Take no money. There's nothing to buy. And someone will keep you plied with free food and drink for the whole time you're there.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Referee87 said:
Mine would have to be America, probably New York.

Got to agree with New York ... only place I've been to for a holiday and gone back a second time. I'd go again too!

Oct 20, 2004
Turkey. The locals are very friendly, the sea is beautiful and everything is cheap.

Yeah, real friendly :shootself

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
God there are so many options. Best overall would probably be Germany as it is so diverse and has everything a country could offer. But there are so many amazing places in the world that I have never been dissapointed at any of them apart from that Shite hole known as Ibiza. Went there on a lads holiday about 12 years ago and hated every minute of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here