Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with these ipod things?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Glad I came on here - can't believe I didn't think of looking for Radio 4 podcasts.

I use mine for running and dog-walking and I will be buying an ipod-compatible radio for the car, so I can have the whole of my music collection in the car with me.

If it wasn't for the reliability issues I have had before I would be an adoring fan.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What is it with these 'car' things? I'm 120 years old and when I was a young'un we had to walk everywhere. Cars are extremely noisy and go very fast, they might even injure someone!

Times change, so get used to it. It's not even as if "our" generation (late teens - early 20's) were the first to have portable music. Anyone remember the Walkman? I don't think I was alive when that came out and that's just about the same as the whole ipod thing these days.
In 20 years time all this will be socially acceptable and the older people (no disrepct of course as i'll probably be classed as one of those people) will find some other "new" invention to have a good old moan about.

I usually find that most people will only listen to their ipods when alone on the train or walking home from Work/University/School. It's just something to pass the time and certainly beats the sound of cars and roadworks.

Well said that man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here