Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with the colonel & his chicken that...........

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
THE public image of KFC, the fast-food chain, is of a cheerful, family-friendly organisation.

That isn't how the chickens must feel about it.

A Sunday Mirror investigation has revealed that some of the birds who end up there are treated in the most horrific way. They spend their lives in windowless sheds - cramped, dazed, sometimes lame and barely able to reach food or water.

In some cases the carcasses of birds already slaughtered are left on the floor to be picked over by other chickens. That is reminiscent of the animal cannibalism which led to mad cow disease.

The people who run KFC and other wellknown firms taking chickens from Wrawby Farm in Lincolnshire will not be aware of the disgraceful conditions there. In fact, they believe them to be good.

But they have a responsibility to check the treatment of the birds they buy. And to prevent the worst examples of animal cruelty.

Enjoy your meal

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I have no idea how anyone can eat the crap dished out at KFC, McDonalds or Burger King.

I've stopped eating it completely, its rubbish.

Too right clapham gull, noshing that garbage will riddle you with colour-added hormones and antibiotics until you are a glowing homogenized jellyfish that the next microbe coming around the corner will send into extinction in no time flat.

You must seek free-range, naturally fed and raised. Not only that, but you really do NOT need to eat so much friggin' MEAT with every friggin' MEAL !
The majority of foodstuffs on your plate should be vegetable, fruit, grains, dairy. Why would you need all those limbs of dead creatures? Most of the time you don't get enough greens, yet you down a bucket of wings??
Shouldn't people enter into feeding themselves with more SENSIBILITY ??

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll have mushy peas with mine then. :p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Masocism if you ask me, all that grease and additives, you can keep it.

Can you tell I don't like MSG?

Why do food companies add MSG to foods?

There are several reasons:
bullet

MSG acts as a drug like caffeine. It affects the body by stimulating the nerve cells in your tongue. It is not a "meat tenderizer". It is not a "preservative". It barely has a taste of its own. The food industry is trying to confuse the issue by focusing on the "fifth" taste sense they call umami. However, the truth is, they are using the very same neurotransmitter that your brain uses. It directly affects processes in your body. It changes your perception of taste by altering you.
bullet

MSG stimulates the pancreas to produce insulin. The food industry has found their own "anti-appetite suppressant". It's a convenient way to keep consumers coming back for more. The blood sugar drops because of the insulin flood. And you are hungry an hour later. Sound familiar?
bullet

The body changes excess glutamate to GABA. GABA may be addictive. It is calming and affects the same receptors in the brain as valium.
bullet

Cost. The illusion created by adding MSG to a food product enables the food processor to add LESS real food. The consumer perceives the product - say chicken soup - to have more chicken in it than is actually there. Example: A well-known brand of dehydrated chicken noodle soup. Is that chicken in there, or a piece of confetti?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Its repulsive, greasy, slimy muck. Thats reason alone not to touch it :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here