Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with cricket ?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
To appreciate cricket I think you need to have played it. Just watching it on the box doesn't give you any real idea of what it is about. If you've played it, even at a low level like village or pub cricket which I did, you have a much better idea of what it is about and will get much more enjoyment out of watching it

Agreed. Have you ever watched or played Pelota?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
On a more srious note (on a Saturday night? Shome mishtake shurely) generally agreed that cricket is an excellent training for war as it was fought in the 20th Century. War is 90% doing nothing puntuated by 10% of mayhem. Fielding's a bit like that.

Also our record in the trenches (and those of the Anzacs) helped by the Mills bomb hand grenade , which was designed specifically to mirror the weight and trajectory of a cricket ball. Hence we were able to throw them with high accuracy, though I think the German WW1 "stick" design went further.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What's the score now?

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
The gentle thud of willow on leather,polite ripple of applause,the epitome of fair play,sportsmanship and honesty.A part of our British heritage and what makes us great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here