Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with cricket ?

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
What does it do for you ? what is the point of it ? it doesnt do anything , whats the point of test matches other than getting you a ranking , they even cover warm up matches on the radio sheeeeeez its got to be the most boring pointless so called sport of all time .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yeah and then there that game where you kick this ball between three white poles into some fishing net whilst and the 4 best teams always come in the top 4 and the rest don't and the worst 2 teams are on tv and the radio at least twice a year

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
County cricket is far more interesting and competitive than premiership football.

I also care far more for the English cricket team than the football team.

To appreciate cricket I think you need to have played it. Just watching it on the box doesn't give you any real idea of what it is about. If you've played it, even at a low level like village or pub cricket which I did, you have a much better idea of what it is about and will get much more enjoyment out of watching it

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To appreciate cricket I think you need to have played it. Just watching it on the box doesn't give you any real idea of what it is about. If you've played it, even at a low level like village or pub cricket which I did, you have a much better idea of what it is about and will get much more enjoyment out of watching it

Played it and i can appreciate it,but it really is not for me,last 10 overs of a nail biting 1 day match would be about as much as i would watch on telly as for following a series? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What a stupid thread. If you look at it that way, then what's the point of any sport?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To quote James H Reeve "cricket is what separates humans from the animal kingdom"

by cutting down trees to make bats and stumps and cutting grasslands down

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Er, everybody " cuts grasslands " its also known as mowing.

Yes but one can chose to allow it to grow a little once in a while-

*please note The Amex pitch is not included as it is not natural and so is alright.....blooming cricketers and sunday morning mowers

Jul 20, 2003
Honestly, I feel sorry for people who don't love cricket. What wasted lives.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Honestly, I feel sorry for people who don't love cricket. What wasted lives.

what sat around a green for days on end only for it to rain and be drawn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here