Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is going on...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think a lot of people, me included, forget this is Poyet's first managerial position. He is going to make mistakes and there will be a learning curve. I am seriously worried about us going down this year but I most certainly don't want rid of Poyet as in a few years time he will be a first class manager and coach.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Millwall in for Dean Cox on loan as well.

really? its getting stupid now. forster, tunnicliffe and cox being given away (if poyet lets you go out on loan now its becuase he doesn't want you next season in my book). mcnulty's frozen out, plus dicker who's been demoted to third choice central midfielder.

before the season started i would have said those 5 - forster, cox, tunnicliffe, mcnulty and dicker - were pretty much automatic first choice starters if fit. and they still should be.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
really? its getting stupid now. forster, tunnicliffe and cox being given away (if poyet lets you go out on loan now its becuase he doesn't want you next season in my book). mcnulty's frozen out, plus dicker who's been demoted to third choice central midfielder.

before the season started i would have said those 5 - forster, cox, tunnicliffe, mcnulty and dicker - were pretty much automatic first choice starters if fit. and they still should be.

Before the season started you may have said those five were certain starters. Hopefully once you had seen them play you would have re evaluated their quality.

Forster- OK, I agree here, he should be a certain starter (and he was) but he spat his dummy out so now he does not get to play.

Cox- Played well at Wycombe, that is it. Should be on the bench.

Tunnicliffe- At the start of the season none of us had seen him play other than friendlies. He is 20/21, so is one for the future not a guaranteed starter. Also he lets strikers turn too often and lets the ball bounce which is centre back rule number 1. He has only gone on loan for one month to Franchise who have the longest injury list you have ever seen.

McNulty- Not the same since his injury, everyone can see this. He will need time, it is probably best if that time comes out of the side rather than in it destroying his confidence before he is back to his best.

Dicker- This is the difficult one, best passer at the club. However he does get caught on the ball often. He is not as good defensively as Crofts or Navarro. He has been playing though. I feel the three central midfield players have been used by Poyet to shore up our leaky defence, with some success.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They're a good judge then, I think Poyet is mad not to play Cox as a fixture in his starting eleven.

Perhaps he's not playing him because whenever Cox has had games he has looked ineffectual and rather poor in all honesty..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here