Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is going on with the WOMENS team ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But then reinforcing gender apartheid is not going to promote genuine inclusivity either is it?

If the US Army, and very soon the British Army are going to allow women to serve on the front line and in the special forces, then not allowing them to compete equally with men in professional sport is an outlier, and women who can compete fairly will not be able to access the financial and associated benefits that are only aligned with men's professional sport.

These days there are no excuses for separating people on a gender basis...........the Government is rightly breaking these last barriers down.........supporting the sexist barriers and the structures that maintain them which prevent women competing fairly with men at the highest level is in my view misguided.

I don't think you know what equality means.

I didn't use the word equality and wasn't writing about equality. The word I used was inclusivity.

I know what equality means. I think you need to read other people's posts more carefully.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thousands of years? Are you a creationist Mr Medway? Try 65 billion and you'll be getting close.

ha ha ha .......65 million and you would be closer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have made surprisingly good point. Equality ultimately doesnt mean equality in everything except where we may not be able to compete. You are perhaps ahead of your time, which i never though i would say

I'm going to remember this line and use it myself. It's a lot politer than saying someone is stark raving bonkers :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Getting back on topic, I'm not altogether surprised by the removals of Marr and Doe. In fact anyone who is involved in girls / women's football will tell you that they were both on borrowed time and that methods employed were not those shares by the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I didn't use the word equality and wasn't writing about equality. The word I used was inclusivity.

I know what equality means. I think you need to read other people's posts more carefully.

If you do understand what equality means then you would support the rights of professional sportswomen in football to access the same pay rates as men.

Building a separate professional women's league to run alongside the men's league may be inclusive, it will do little to serve the cause of equality.

Maybe quotas should be imposed to ensure there are (say 3 women in each side) like they do in Boardrooms?

That would serve equality.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Can you identify one world record in a sport that relies on an individuals own strength or speed where the women's record is better than the mens?

You sound like a bigot, you think women are physically inferior to men?

The Pentagon have data and analysis to prove different, which is why women will lead soldiers and serve in all front line roles.......including special forces.

I dare say there were arguments made during that debate with some grizzled old dinosaurs pointing to the Guinness book of records and whining about how women couldn't jump into a pit of sand further than a man.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
You have made surprisingly good point. Equality ultimately doesnt mean equality in everything except where we may not be able to compete. You are perhaps ahead of your time, which i never though i would say

Well, surely proof that just because (to quote Barry Manilow) there is only one voice singing in the darkness it may well be the one voice that is worth listening too.

Equality is being driven by Govts and positive discrimination is one arm of that.

The rewards of the men's professional football remain out of the reach of women, and maybe quotas should be imposed like they have been in other aspects of business etc.

If women can join the US Navy Seals then they can play football with the men.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You sound like a bigot, you think women are physically inferior to men?

The Pentagon have data and analysis to prove different, which is why women will lead soldiers and serve in all front line roles.......including special forces.

I dare say there were arguments made during that debate with some grizzled old dinosaurs pointing to the Guinness book of records and whining about how women couldn't jump into a pit of sand further than a man.

You are a nutjob.

Does the Pentagon data state that, physically, women are equal to men or does it just state that a fitness/strength level required to serve can be attained by both men and women. Big big difference.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
You are a nutjob.

Does the Pentagon data state that, physically, women are equal to men or does it just state that a fitness/strength level required to serve can be attained by both men and women. Big big difference.

No doubt that is what it says, and therefore women serve on equal terms with men, not in women only units.

You are still indicating women can't play professional football with men because they are not strong enough........some will be, so maybe it's time for quotas, wouldn't you agree?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No doubt that is what it says, and therefore women serve on equal terms with men, not in women only units.

You are still indicating women can't play professional football with men because they are not strong enough........some will be, so maybe it's time for quotas, wouldn't you agree?

As a woman, I say no. Let women play in women's teams and men in men's teams.

S

smileyweb

Amateurs, to walk out of a club like this. Didnt see anyone do the same when Poyet got moved on. Better off without them

Apart from Bridcutt and Buckley, you mean.

They couldn't walk out, as they were under contract, but were "injured" until they got the move they wanted - to join Gus at Sunderland.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Im loving this thread :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here