Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is all this ALBION/crawley bbc coalition

boys29

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Why when The ALBION are being broadcast live on the radio do they have to keep going on about damm Crawley ????? and even suggesting that as a phone in they would like to hear from fans who support both the ALBION and Crawley ? surley this does not exist does it ? if it does it should not and you cannot call yourself a true ALBION supporter .

When i listen to ALBION on the radio ( i cant always afford to go to matches ) i want to hear about ALBION not Crawley , i also dont want to keep hearing how great it is for sussex at the moment as both teams doing well as if we are connected as one big family or something , this really bugs me , I am ALBION through and through i dont and never will like Crawley , there is no connection at all and i couldnt care less about them getting promoted in fact i hope they go straight back down again ! anyone with me ?:ascarf:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Why when The ALBION are being broadcast live on the radio do they have to keep going on about damm Crawley ????? and even suggesting that as a phone in they would like to hear from fans who support both the ALBION and Crawley ? surley this does not exist does it ? if it does it should not and you cannot call yourself a true ALBION supporter .

When i listen to ALBION on the radio ( i cant always afford to go to matches ) i want to hear about ALBION not Crawley , i also dont want to keep hearing how great it is for sussex at the moment as both teams doing well as if we are connected as one big family or something , this really bugs me , I am ALBION through and through i dont and never will like Crawley , there is no connection at all and i couldnt care less about them getting promoted in fact i hope they go straight back down again ! anyone with me ?:ascarf:
Thet may well go back down, just like any other team that goes up, including brighton.....i could nt give a toss for crawley either, i mean what sort of support they got, when 9000 go to an away game (man utd) yet only 500 go to tamworth to see em crowned champions ?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its called radio sussex, not radio brighton.........get over it tosser, there are people that like to see how other SUSSEX sides are doing. there is life outside of the albion.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Thet may well go back down, just like any other team that goes up, including brighton.....i could nt give a toss for crawley either, i mean what sort of support they got, when 9000 go to an away game (man utd) yet only 500 go to tamworth to see em crowned champions ?

here we go again, if brighton went to old trafford this season they would have taken 9000 as well and with gates of averaging 7200 this season at the withdean there would have been people jumping on the band wagonsame as they did for crawley. they are a NON LEAGUE side and taking 565 away is a good effort. home gate is now averaging 3300 since the cup run, so they have added some of that plastic support to there gate, argubly the seagulls are gaining 7-8k plastic supporters for the amex next season, so whats the differance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm sure there are Crawley fans saying the same thing !

not likely, when i've listend to the Crawley match a couple of times while traveling and hoping to hear the score, they dont mention Brighton at all.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Monday on radio Sussex will be Crawley this Crawley that and Crawley everything, but will it be the same when WE get promoted? On the basis that on Saturday's phone in they were discussing if bridcutt would go back to Chelsea I'm not sure they are 100% sure they actually know anything at all :laugh:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
its called radio sussex ffs crawley is in sussex so thats why radio SUSSEX has both teams some off are fans are so aggorant

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Christ, if this winds you up, it's a good job you don't live in London, you'd be in an asylum by now. I have no allegiance to any other team, but it's nice to know how other teams are doing within Sussex.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Crawley's core away support is PATHETIC.

They took 54 (yes, fifty four) to Newport County on Saturday 23 October 2010. The week before (16 October), Newport County took 467 to Crawley.

You're right - and those lovely Newport 'fans' caused havoc - attacking the home supporters and smashing up a pub....

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why when The ALBION are being broadcast live on the radio do they have to keep going on about damm Crawley ????? When i listen to ALBION on the radio ( i cant always afford to go to matches ) i want to hear about ALBION not Crawley , i also dont want to keep hearing how great it is for sussex at the moment as both teams doing well as if we are connected as one big family or something , this really bugs me , I am ALBION through and through i dont and never will like Crawley , there is no connection at all and i couldnt care less about them getting promoted in fact i hope they go straight back down again ! anyone with me ?:ascarf:

So on the day that Crawley could gain promotion to the football league for the 1st time in their history and mean that Sussex would then have 2 teams in the football league for the 1st time next season wouldn't you think that they may choose to follow their match more closely and give updates, etc and not just talk about the Albion

and even suggesting that as a phone in they would like to hear from fans who support both the ALBION and Crawley ? surley this does not exist does it ? if it does it should not and you cannot call yourself a true ALBION supporter .

Couldn't they have meant " they would like to hear from fans who support the Albion and also from fans who support Crawley rather than a fan who supports both clubs???

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Couldn't they have meant " they would like to hear from fans who support the Albion and also from fans who support Crawley rather than a fan who supports both clubs???

Not when they specifically asked "do you support both teams?"

You're right - and those lovely Newport 'fans' caused havoc - attacking the home supporters and smashing up a pub....
It's difficult to come to any conclusion about what happened in the ground and how much provocation there was - since, alone of all Conference clubs this season, Crawley Town refused to allow Newport County's excellent team of video reporters to do any filming at the game. Such You Tube bits and pieces that are around seem to suggest some rough stewarding, backed up by - how might it be described? - "enthusiastic support"(?) from a group of Crawley fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here