Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is a "true fan" ?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
IMHO A true fan is someone who loves the club. Through thick and thin, for better or worse, rich or poor.
Game attendance doesn't mean a thing. Do you love them now, will you love them always?
But hey that's just my opinion.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Eggmundo said:
IMHO A true fan is someone who loves the club. Through thick and thin, for better or worse, rich or poor.
Game attendance doesn't mean a thing. Do you love them now, will you love them always?
But hey that's just my opinion.

So a true fan can love there club by sitting at home and not paying through the turnstile?

Eggmundo

Jul 8, 2003
algie said:
So a true fan can love there club by sitting at home and not paying through the turnstile?
Yes...If you are a true fan and can attend then you would go.
If you have no money and can't attend then does that mean you can't be a 'fan'?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thats why they are called armchair fans

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
£722,040 - part-time supporter.

I think that is just about fair, currently living 140 miles from Brighton and having only spent around 4 years of the last 15 living in England it is unlikely I would be classed as anything else.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Wardywonderland said:
Plus you needed to have gone to

The FA Cup final
The FA Cup Final replay
The 1991 Play-off Final
Hereford in 1995
The 2004 Play-off Final

Oh and be against Mark McGhee

I miss out on three counts.

Done all apart from Hereford 1995. I went to Hereford in 1997.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Only call snap on 2, both play off finals, for the first I flew back from the Netherlands, the second was just an hour away on the train. Missed the game at Hereford in 97 because I was living on the other side of the Atlantic, couldn't get tickets for the Cup Final or replay and am neutral on MM.

Eggmundo

Jul 8, 2003
Went to 2. Both play off finals. Had a ticket for Hereford but family issues prevented me from going. (Which my brother likes to remind me of whenever possible). Aparrently my ticket was sold to a 'fat bloke' outside the ground.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
Eggmundo said:
Aparrently my ticket was sold to a 'fat bloke' outside the ground.

I never knew Pete Canning did not originally have a ticket for Hereford

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
algie said:
Not a thug mate.Just part of the casual Brighton movement.:drink:

Or the bowel movement. :jester:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Goring Gull said:
I went to the youth cup game at Newcastle on the Bobbler express.

Strange, I didn't see you. ???

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
IMHO a true fan is someone who stands by their team through thick and thin, and goes to see them as much as they can. (I do think match attendances are a factor).

Last edited:

Hungry Joe said:
I'd define a true fan as someone who just gets on with the job of supporting his or her club in whatever way they want without sitting in judgement on anyone else.

I'd go along with that.

The biggest (if that's the correct adjective) Albion fan I know is a regular poster on here, yet most people could probably not recall one specific post from them if knowing their username at all.

Contrary to popular belief it's not all about how many Brighton and Wrexham/Doncaster/Cambridge scarves you've got, how loudly you shout about having a season ticket or EVEN how many posts on NSC you've got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here