Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what is a JCL?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thank you for that. I am indeed a active Albion fan of some 34 years and a NSC member of 8 years. So if the JCL sign by my 'registered user' does mean Johnny Come Lately then that is quite strange and a little demeaning. It seems to appear by quite a few people's names.

That usage of "JCL" is merely the lowest, and starting level of "reputation". This is a new feature that has just been turned on, so very few posters have had their "reputation" enhanced to higher levels yet.

If you think someone has made a quality post, then you click on the little star at the bottom left of the post. This invites you to "approve" or "disapprove" and this enhances a posters reputation. As the green dots increase with greater numbers of "approvals" then the description that goes with it will change as well.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
That usage of "JCL" is merely the lowest, and starting level of "reputation". This is a new feature that has just been turned on, so very few posters have had their "reputation" enhanced to higher levels yet.

If you think someone has made a quality post, then you click on the little star at the bottom left of the post. This invites you to "approve" or "disapprove" and this enhances a posters reputation. As the green dots increase with greater numbers of "approvals" then the description that goes with it will change as well.

Just found my reputation thingy, only been here 5 minutes and im hated lol... im a "palace season ticket holder" hahahaha

f*** sake lol

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A JCL is pretty well anyone that is a B&HA supporter and isn't someone who's only opportunity in life to feel important is to have a gazzilion posts against their name, had a season ticket at Gillingham and/or would go to every game at the Withdean in every weather condition and who also travels to a required number of way games and disregards the view of anyone not with similar credentials. These are the people who would rather Albion had 3000 STH's because they are the heart and soul of the club not the other 10's of thousands of others (generically labelled as JCL's) that support. In years gone by these sorts were called Dinosaurs

I'm full of admiration for those that stuck it out through thick and thin (I'll call them "seniors") and the Dinasours will quickly dwindle and disappear as they eventually realise nobody gives a toss

laughcont.gif

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just found my reputation thingy, only been here 5 minutes and im hated lol... im a "palace season ticket holder" hahahaha

f*** sake lol

LOL, yeah I noticed that after I posted.

I'm guessing some took exception to something you've posted. Maybe on the "90" thread which seemed to polarise people a bit. I wouldn't take the "reputation" thing too personally fella.

I wonder if there is a mechanism for people to take that "disapproval" back, as you were BANG ON, Millwall turned out in force to Eltham last night, and nothing got looted. Top work 'wall.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
LOL, yeah I noticed that after I posted.

I'm guessing some took exception to something you've posted. Maybe on the "90" thread which seemed to polarise people a bit. I wouldn't take the "reputation" thing too personally fella.

I wonder if there is a mechanism for people to take that "disapproval" back, as you were BANG ON, Millwall turned out in force to Eltham last night, and nothing got looted. Top work 'wall.

I think it was my fault tbh, openly admitting that i take recreational drugs from time to time, is a no no on here.

I get that now. lol.

And i went fishing a few times in my first few posts, thinking i wouldnt even like it on here.

Now its minimilised at work... i was wrong.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
A JCL is a person who has been sitting at home, whilst watching Gillette Soccer Saturday with a beer in hand. They're people who didn't get wet and cold at Withdean, and didn't bother with Gillingham! They're also idiots who fight with their own fans, like yesterday in the North Stand after the game. Two so called Albion fans squared up to each other and started pushing untill the stewards came and sorted it!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
spot on, just because people frequent a forum for a number of years aswell as supporting the same club as we all do, I think they believe they are superior!
I dont believe they are & people that put quotes such as "If you ask then u r one" are well & truly up their own A hole

or just treating like the silly "in joke" that it is.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Those of us old enough to remember JCL means Job Control Language. Back in the day I was quite a dab hand at it. Real JCL

Last edited:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I love JCLs. They're filling up our new stadium and frankly there's nothing sadder than someone who's been posting on NSC five time every day for the last 10 years.

Completely unlike my own judicious and erudite contributions of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here