Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'What if'

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Dave the Gaffer said:
He didnt chose falmer - Falmer was allocated by B&H A ----

not strictly true - The Albion undertook a sequential analysis of a number of sites in Brighton and Hove (the 8 mile limit) from which the only suitable site was Falmer. It had already been earmarked in the local plan for development and had sustainable transport links.

This sequential test formed the basis of the planning officers report to the Policy and Resources committee that Brighton and Hove City Council should have a policy supporting the plan for a stadium on land adjacent to Brighton University at Falmer. That policy was then the subject of the 1999 referenda.

There are many who oppose falmer who feel that the Albion chose Falmer then undertook the survey in order to prove this. That is another great misconception. When the current board first took over, they believed that Waterhall would be the best option but after undertaking the sequential analysis it became very clear that it had NO hope of achieving planning permission. A view that has been borne out by 3 different planning inspectors.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
magoo said:
I thought the site was recommended by the council as the most viable?

I took it as being the only one available that fitted the criteria of 8 miles from the pavillion and withing Brighton and Hove Boundries - and it was already allocted as area for development, although I still think a nuclear research establishment is more suitable on the site.

SORRY ADE MISSED YOUR POST ABOVE

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here