Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What if William marries that Kate sort on August 6th next year?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
hmm let's see watch football versus watch wedding on TV waiving a little union flag - simple enough choice.

ok how about watch paint dry versus watch wedding on TV waiving a little union flag - no same outcome.

Now let's try perform DIY vasectomy with a pair of rusty scissors versus .....
Now we are getting close.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Nobody outside a few ageing nutters gives a shit about the Royal family any more, like someone said, its not 1977. And nobody outside Sussex really cares about our new stadium, it's just another club with a new ground like Stoke and Leicester and Morecambe.

But apart from that, a well thought out and reasoned debate, yes :rolleyes:

100% nail on the head. :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fact that we didnt get permission for Falmer made national news so I would expect the fact that we have opened the new ground to make similar news. Would expect the wedding of the possible next king to be held midweek and there be national holiday to celebrate it. Probably during June.

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
I'd smash her back door in:drool:

kate_middleton_7_wenn1495828.jpg

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If you don't read the Daily Mail/Express, watch ITV 'news' or read Heat you won't be interested in this in the slightest. I didn't know someone had a girlfriend I don't even know which one William is.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The fact that we didnt get permission for Falmer made national news so I would expect the fact that we have opened the new ground to make similar news. Would expect the wedding of the possible next king to be held midweek and there be national holiday to celebrate it. Probably during June.

I think you're wrong on both counts.

People just don't care about the Royal family any more, plus in the current climate I can't see it being a massive extravagant (taxpayer funded) wedding anyway. No way will we get a national holiday.

And I'm sorry, but the opening of Falmer might make the front of the Argus, the headline on BBC South Today, and a slot on Football Focus perhaps, but not national news. You vastly overestimate the impact of the Amex on the rest of the country simply because it's so important to us.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
In a time of austerity and half a million public sector job cuts on the way, will be interesting to see who foots the bill of this wedding...

edit: just saw Ednas post above...doh...

but, im sure itll cost a fair sum...

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

People just don't care about the Royal family any more, plus in the current climate I can't see it being a massive extravagant (taxpayer funded) wedding anyway. No way will we get a national holiday.

And I'm sorry, but the opening of Falmer might make the front of the Argus, the headline on BBC South Today, and a slot on Football Focus perhaps, but not national news. You vastly overestimate the impact of the Amex on the rest of the country simply because it's so important to us.

No, but we should get a county-wide Bank Holiday on the 8th August. And lots of free beer.

german-helles-beer_9694.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

And Sky News as well.

Plus GEOFF saying "and its down to the newly opened Amex where last years League One champions Brighton are entertaining Liverpool in the Championship and there has been a goal but which way has it gone Phil?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here