Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What if we do not get promotion?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We lose Bridge, Bruno, Vicente, Buckley and Bridcutt.

Basically Gus starts his team building again. The gradually get better theory is fatally flawed as the best players leave.

We'll lose Bridge & Vicente regardless. Bruno, Buckley & Bridcutt seem very happy with us and there's no reason why they shouldn't stay unless they get offers they can't refuse.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's a 5 year plan - the 5th year would be in 2014 so getting promotion then would be fine.

As long as we improve this season - then it's fine by me, even reaching the play-offs this season would be an achievement with the amount of teams in the mix.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Put this way. We don't have to get promoted. We can stay in this division for the next ten years. I would like us to get promoted, but we don't have to.

Sure, players who can play top flight football might leave but then again, they might do anyway if they are being seen as playing well for us in the Premier League.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's a 5 year plan - the 5th year would be in 2014 so getting promotion then would be fine.

As long as we improve this season - then it's fine by me, even reaching the play-offs this season would be an achievement with the amount of teams in the mix.

Where is this mention by Poyet or Bloom of a five year plan? I can't find any mention of it...

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
This was the last season for clubs like Brighton to get promoted, once fair play kicks in we will not be able to compete with the clubs receiving parachute payments.Not signing strikers, fcuking massive mistake considering the rest of the talent that we have on board

You are correct. This or summer 2014.

The clubs coming down in 2014 will not only have the same level of prize money for finishing bottom that Man City received in May 2012, but will have 4 years of collosal parachute money 50% up on that at the moment.

It really will be an uneven playing field in the Championship from 2014/15.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here