Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What If Rooney Get's The All Clear ??

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So he has his scan this afternoon and the result shows that the bone is fully healed.

Do you start him against Paraguay as he needs match fitness as we hopefully progress to the knockout stages ??

Or do we start with Crouch and introduce Rooney following the group stages ??

Tricky one, bit if his injury is fully healed why not start him ??

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
He will be passed all clear,

I reckon he will come off the bench probably for 2 of the 3 group games and then start against Germany/Poland..

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Munchkin said:
So he has his scan this afternoon and the result shows that the bone is fully healed.

Do you start him against Paraguay as he needs match fitness as we hopefully progress to the knockout stages ??

Or do we start with Crouch and introduce Rooney following the group stages ??

Tricky one, bit if his injury is fully healed why not start him ??

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Coz he is gonna have to be eased back.

My guess is if he gets the all clear will miss the paraguay game completely, get 15 mins against T & T and maybe 30 mins against the Swedes, if we play Poland in the second stage then he probably won't start that game either

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Start with Crouch and Owen, Cant see the point of talking Crouch out who probably has the most confidence if any player in the England side. When Rooney is about 85-90% then thats ok but not when Rooney will be about 50%.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Arthritic Toe said:
Nope - the best possible scenario is that he'll be available after the round1 matches.

Agreed. He won't play in the group stage.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
bhafc99 said:
Agreed. He won't play in the group stage.

England striker Wayne Rooney has told coach Sven-Goran Eriksson he is 300% certain he will be fit for the World Cup finals in Germany.
The 20-year-old will leave England's base near Baden-Baden and return to Manchester for the crucial scan on his fractured metatarsal.

Eriksson said: "I'm confident he will take part in the World Cup and he is 300% confident he will play.

"I have been saying for one month that I'm sure he will take part."

On bench for all 3 group games I reckon

:clap2: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
IF he gets the all clear, Second Round at the earliest.

I'm hopeful but (being a Brighton fan) I'm used to setbacks.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
300% I take it he dropped mathematics at school to concentrate on slipper design for football ?

Giraffe and Owen to start Me thinks, give Rooney a run out for 25 at the end if we're not 2 up and ease him back in

the other consideration is he's highly likely to get kicked about . .can we afford to risk A his fitness and B his highly suspect temperment in the early stages ?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
There is no way that he should be risked against Paraguay as you can pretty much guarantee they will try and kick him out of the game, same applies to T&T.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
in ideal world give hime 20 mins v Sweden then depending how he does start him 2nd round or use as sub again.

Dont think he'll make any of the group games though , he can kick and run but there is no way we will risk him in challengers for a few weeks yet

hopefully im wrong of course

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
DAMANCLAY said:
Start with Crouch and Owen, Cant see the point of talking Crouch out who probably has the most confidence if any player in the England side. When Rooney is about 85-90% then thats ok but not when Rooney will be about 50%.

Agree. Taking out Crouch now would be DAFT, and Rooney's nowhere near match fit yet anyway - he's not played a game in fives weeks. The last 16 round would be just FINE.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Don't forget it is MAN UTD doctors he is seeing!

I'm betting they will find another hairline fracture or something.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep save him and have him raring to go in the group stages would be my advice. Maybe the odd 20 mins here and there depending on how things are going.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lammy said:
Don't forget it is MAN UTD doctors he is seeing!

I'm betting they will find another hairline fracture or something.

thought the England doc was present this time as well ?

Yoda

English & European
Trufflehound said:
Yes. And a FIFA representative to arbitrate if there's a big fallout between the two of them.

And of course the ManUre doc will say he's not fit, otherwise Fergie will sack him. :rolleyes:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
as I read it last week the FiFa guy will be there because Sven/FA know the MAnure guys will say no way Hose A even if he's '300%' fit :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here