Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what if in 1983?

Tubes

Apr 16, 2011
Il be honest. No point in dwelling. Although would have been nice to win It. Best to have the past we have rather than probably be a struggling team. But enough of that It's time to jump back onto the Gus bus. :bhasign:

D

Deleted User X18H

Where would the albion be if the cup final missings millions had been pumped back into the club playing budget! Possible 28 years of top flight footie?:moo:

Oh turn it in son, HOW MANY TIMES - The players and staff had it written into their contracts that IF the club ever reached the FA CUP FINAL after expenses all profit would be pooled and divded equally. As it was consider such an unlikely event. Graham Moseley owns three properties in Hove - Gary Howlett works at Dublin Airport for what he describes as pin money.

Its all accounted for NOT MISSING. Go down Wilbury Crescent there is some down there.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Where would the albion be if the cup final missings millions had been pumped back into the club playing budget! Possible 28 years of top flight footie?:moo:

Where does this 'missing millions' rumour come from ? It's just a rather silly conspiracy theory', Grassy Knoll anyone ?

Oh turn it in son, HOW MANY TIMES - The players and staff had it written into their contracts that IF the club ever reached the FA CUP FINAL after expenses all profit would be pooled and divded equally. As it was consider such an unlikely event. Graham Moseley owns three properties in Hove - Gary Howlett works at Dublin Airport for what he describes as pin money.

Its all accounted for NOT MISSING. Go down Wilbury Crescent there is some down there.

Seems alot of work has gone into covering this one up! no smoke without fire me thinks!???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Everything has led to where we are now-

There has been some very big "what if's"-

what if-smith had scored

what if-we had 10 more points in 1985

what if-we had won the 1991 play off final

what if-we had lost the 2004 play off final

perhaps the single biggest "what if" was as recently as 2008-what if Mr Bloom had not stepped in to finance Falmer.

Tubes

Apr 16, 2011
Everything has led to where we are now-

There has been some very big "what if's"-

what if-smith had scored

what if-we had 10 more points in 1985

what if-we had won the 1991 play off final

what if-we had lost the 2004 play off final

perhaps the single biggest "what if" was as recently as 2008-what if Mr Bloom had not stepped in to finance Falmer.

This.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To think i missed the

What if- we had lost at Hereford-

we did not thank god and in relation to Rev's main point i think we could have done more to stay up,28 years may have stretched it a bit.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If we had won the FA Cup, Jimmy Melia would have kept his job for the whole season at least. No way would we have won promotion. His terrible record as a league manager would have been made worse by the distraction of European football.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Where does this idea of missing "millions" come from? I can't remember what I paid for my ticket but I'm sure it wasn't more than £5, so even with a capacity of 100,000, and seat prices being more than I paid to stand, the total gate receipts for the final were probably less than £1m. What would the Albion's share have been after the FA had taken their cut?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We had 2 cup finals though-not many teams get 2 for the price of 1 on their 1st attempt.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Where does this idea of missing "millions" come from? I can't remember what I paid for my ticket but I'm sure it wasn't more than £5, so even with a capacity of 100,000, and seat prices being more than I paid to stand, the total gate receipts for the final were probably less than £1m. What would the Albion's share have been after the FA had taken their cut?
There were no missing millions. As you rightly state the total gate receipts, let alone the Albion's share didn't even come to 'millions'.

Just FYI - The OP has often raised this subject and he's been told time and time again where all the money went. However like a couple of the 'political' posters on here though he's a firm believer in conspiracy theories, and no matter how many times he's told that 2 + 2 = 4 he insists that it's 5. He'll start exactly the same thread in a month or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here