Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What if Brighton had the same hooligan problem as Millwall?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
and contrary to the popular image they are actually a family club. Granted, maybe not always the sort of family you'd choose to live next door to, but a family club nonetheless

I love this line. Seriously - that is quality - you should be a JOURNO or something...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The thread which involved input from Hackney Man (Millwall Fan) provoked a thought for me.

What would it be like if the Albion had a nasty hooligan following like Millwall do.?

Would this affect the way in which you supported the team?

Would you seek to defend the fanbase with inferences of passion and commitment?

How would you seek to stop the problem?

Would you openly admit to being an Albion fan to the same levels you do now?

Would you follow another team?
You do know we do have an active hooligan element don't you? Ok it might not be as high profile as Millwall but i can assure you they are there.You will hardy ever see fighting outside grounds or inside as it's organised nowdays.They don't just turn up for matches against Palace and Southend.
There's a rake of fixtures that they enjoy going to ie Posh/Oxford/Swindon/Reading/Luton/Chesterfield etc.You can bet your bottom dollar they will be out for the Charlton game.They normally show for London games wether it's Palace/QPR/Brentford etc it doesn't matter.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Im pretty sure we don't have one, which is a good thing because we never get any trouble from away fans at withdean or even away games.

We certainly do have a firm , many of the faces from the 80's were at Villa Park last season.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Truth be told, I reckon alot of people on here would secretly enjoy it. The threads about our 'hooligan following' that are posted on here always seem to get a huge response. Be it right or wrong, I think people tend to be genuinely very interested in what our firm get up to. Plus with all the attention the police are bound to give you, surely you are even more safe from potential trouble anyway?

Some people on here just will not accept the truth, this club have a very nasty hooligan element, and there is f*** all you or I can do about it, unless you want to be a hero and confront them if so pre book your A&E place, shaven headed knuckle draggers they might be, but they are nasty pieces of work.

And before you have pop at me NO I AM NOT.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Talking of hooligans - isn't it about this time last year that Herr Reich got his 1-year NSC asbo??

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
Truth be told, I reckon alot of people on here would secretly enjoy it. The threads about our 'hooligan following' that are posted on here always seem to get a huge response. Be it right or wrong, I think people tend to be genuinely very interested in what our firm get up to. Plus with all the attention the police are bound to give you, surely you are even more safe from potential trouble anyway?

I think the same, and after Southend last season, I have a feeling October 16th will be an interesting day out.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

spot on..and looks like people are creaming themselves at the prosect of the 16th already:laugh: Whatever people say a large chunk of people on here take interest in those sorts of threads and it couldn't be more obvious that a lot are happy brighton have a decent firm....after all you wouldn't want teams taking the piss at Falmer

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
shut up who ever you may be,
we are the boys neuveau seagullyee
been coming to withdean since 2003
so please sit down,stewards rule round here and we like being controlled you see.

at least millwall hooligans show a bit of passion unlike the moaning drab zombies who inhabit withdean

Oct 2, 2008
Some people on here just will not accept the truth, this club have a very nasty hooligan element, and there is f*** all you or I can do about it, unless you want to be a hero and confront them if so pre book your A&E place, shaven headed knuckle draggers they might be, but they are nasty pieces of work.

And before you have pop at me NO I AM NOT.

I would dispute the expression "very nasty" , ours is much less of a problem than a lot of other clubs. Just sad really but yes a problem. Apart from that your post is spot on.

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
shut up who ever you may be,
we are the boys neuveau seagullyee
been coming to withdean since 2003
so please sit down,stewards rule round here and we like being controlled you see.

at least millwall hooligans show a bit of passion unlike the moaning drab zombies who inhabit withdean

No1 likes us.
Agree about the passion there

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You do know we do have an active hooligan element don't you? Ok it might not be as high profile as Millwall but i can assure you they are there.You will hardy ever see fighting outside grounds or inside as it's organised nowdays.They don't just turn up for matches against Palace and Southend.
There's a rake of fixtures that they enjoy going to ie Posh/Oxford/Swindon/Reading/Luton/Chesterfield etc.You can bet your bottom dollar they will be out for the Charlton game.They normally show for London games wether it's Palace/QPR/Brentford etc it doesn't matter.

I wasn't aware of any specifics mate. But given that I have not seen any activity away at Millwall I guess that thier existence is irelevant to this thread.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would be prepared to have a sizeable bet that Millwall have done more and spent more to try and stamp out this kind of thing than virtually any other club. Obviously for the most part this is because they had to, they have a big problem and a sizeable minority of fans who are up for it at most times.

The fact is it is a tough area, you're not going to sell too many tofu burgers in Bermondsey, and it creates an incredibly intimidating atmosphere which I estimate wins them an additional 10-15 home points a season. A lot of visiting players just cannot hack it.

When this spills over into the kind of stuff we all associate with Millwall as at QPR, no one is surprised, the possibility is always there. Interstingly, on the point that was made earlier about 'They're our c**ts, but they're still c**ts', that is not the Millwall way. Loyalty, warped if you like, is a big thing there and it has to be pretty bad before the manager/chairman criticises the fans.

I've had a few dealings with Millwall, and contrary to the popular image they are actually a family club. Granted, maybe not always the sort of family you'd choose to live next door to, but a family club nonetheless with a stronger than usual sense of identity and their own history. Within reason and short of violence, it can be an antidote to the sort of sanitised prawn-sandwich munching which passes for supporting many clubs these days.
good post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here