Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What if Big Ron Manager came to the Withdean?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Watchable TV? Would Mark McGhee be a bit more welcoming than that Scouse bloke at Peterborough was?
And would Ron at some point ask Matt Hicks just exactly what a football liason manager is?

Last edited:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
That was just really bad management on Barry Fry's part. I haven't watched much of it but he seemed totally unprepared for Ron's role in the club. Even if he was, what manager in their right mind would tolerate it?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harty said:
Watchable TV? Would Mark McGhee be a bit more welcoming than that Scouse bloke at Peterborough was?
And would Ron at some point ask Matt Hicks just exactly what a football liason manager is?

Tut tut Harty having a dig at Matt :wave:

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Would make interesting viewing. It would be nice to see the team talk and motivational speech that Magoo gives each week, also where he keeps his book of 1001 excuses. :glare:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Beach hut not a swipe at Hicksy, I'm forever asking what his job means, all tongue in cheek of course.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Harty, you can probably back me up on this one, but for those not aware of what he does...Matt Hicks is one of those people at the club who if it weren't for him supporters would have no replica shirts, he arranges things(i'm told) like sponsorships for games, etc, etc.

Matt Hicks(and no he isn't me illigitimate love child) is an unsung hero of the club!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

D

Deleted member 2719

The Timekeeper said:
Would make interesting viewing. It would be nice to see the team talk and motivational speech that Magoo gives each week, also where he keeps his book of 1001 excuses. :glare:

I hope guy won't be the model Proffessional when he comes to bringing out his autobiography.

;)

I will be the first in the queue for that!

Come on Tank!!

:clap2: :clap2:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Harty said:
Beach hut not a swipe at Hicksy, I'm forever asking what his job means, all tongue in cheek of course.

He does all the young seagulls and kids events and stuff like that and he organises the players who go and train with them every week, as well organising the seagulls meet ups with the players in london, whatever that is called I cant remember! AND I know Guy pesters him now and then for favours as I'm sure the others do to!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here