Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What, if any, exercise do you take ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gym about 3 times a week - alternate a cardio session of rowing, cycling, running and stomach exercises with a swim and steam room session. Keep meaning to get into the whole weight thing but I just don't think I could wear those ridiculous looking brightly coloured baggy trousers that seem to be a requirement.

Today, at lunchtime, is a swim and steam room session day - I'm hoping the latter will alleviate the bastard cold I still can't seem to shake off.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
play SOCCER far to much

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
i walk a mile to school and back, normally do that twice a day

go to the gym once a week for about an hour / hour and a half with some weight training

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bozza said:
Gym about 3 times a week - alternate a cardio session of rowing, cycling, running and stomach exercises with a swim and steam room session. Keep meaning to get into the whole weight thing but I just don't think I could wear those ridiculous looking brightly coloured baggy trousers that seem to be a requirement.

Today, at lunchtime, is a swim and steam room session day - I'm hoping the latter will alleviate the bastard cold I still can't seem to shake off.

Well swimming will only make it worse...its the worse old wives tale of all time "sweating it out"

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
It's a 2 mile walk to uni, so do that twice a day. Four times on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And that's about it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Italia: you have managed to combine this thread and the 'predicting the meet-up' thread. I am going to throw up on you, after that 'swallow my cum' message.

Urgh, can't believe I even repeated it. I'm going to go and have a bath now.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
4 times a week at the gym with some cardio but mostly weights.

Can bench around 300 pounds (3 20's on each side)
can squat around 400 pounds

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Football tues,weds,thurs with press-ups while i do my stint in goal.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
NMH said:
Kickboxing training. It's a bastard, but the results are many-fold.
Contrary to popular belief though, high kicks above the chest are not usually advised or worthwhile. That kung-fu stuff is just fancy posing. It involves weights and stretching, and basic boot-camp exercise which shatters you over about an hour!

The way our instructor does things, it builds stamina and confidence, and along with the strenuous work-out you learn some useful things and keep 'on your toes'.

More kids (and teens) should learn self-defence really, it teaches respect and sensibility - and especially with all these wankers going round the streets who like to try picking on lads, bullying them in numbers, or intimidating and forcing themselves on a bird.

The way it's good for adults and geezers like me, is that it keeps you from getting easily puffed out and unfit - and at least if I eat like a porker then I'm going to have to burn some of it off in class .

It doesn't get you 'big' though, and anyway most of those gym-rats are way slow (but you don't want them getting a hold on you all the same)

well said.
I been kickboxing with Sama for a year and i got my nephew started with their Karate when he was 6.

I also do wheelchair basketball which is exellent upper body workout.

i'm a lean mean......something...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
10,000m run 3 times a week, weights and floor exercises in the gym and I cycle everywhere I can.

Though not as much in the last 2 weeks owing to work commitments...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bad back does tend to limit what I can do (I'm nearly 50 for God's sake) I should swim I guess but it bores me senseless. I'm in a state of limbo anyway, not really in England and not really in AMerica but I have to confess that I am concerned that my girth is expanding obscenely so tend to eat carefully.

No booze now :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here