Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What, if any, exercise do you take ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay, now we all know that we're entering the season of over indulgence and thus we'll be sucking up excess calories which we'll need to burn off. What exercise do you take ?

I am currently limited to lifting a few weights (hey, I'm not in the Dwayne class) and a fair bit of walking. However, Mrs BHA has joined a gym which I intend to use a lot while I'm therenext month. You'll see tomorrow night that I need to although it's fair to say, a t my age a bloke my size in Georgia would be considered quite slim !

So, what do you do ?

Danny Seagull's Mate

Babe of the Year 2003
Sep 28, 2003
Woodingdean
I walk everywhere, or as much as I can. Best form of excercise, and walking up hills keeps your bum firm :)

Before the winter came I would do:

Monday - Body Combat
Tuesday - Spin
Wednesday - BLT
Thursday Funk
Friday - Drinking
Saturday Step
Sunday - day of rest.

Now I go once a week. Need to get back into it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
BrightonBird said:

Wednesday - BLT

Eating a bacon, lettice and tomato sandwich is hardly exercise now is it!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Walking. It is the best and the cheapest way of exercise.

Lifting weights?

Ned lifts massive steel tools into machines for 12 hours a day. His muscles would rival anybody's.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Jeeze Yorkie, did we really need to know about Ned's massive tool ? T.M.I. !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sounds a bit saucy to me .................

Kickboxing training. It's a bastard, but the results are many-fold.
Contrary to popular belief though, high kicks above the chest are not usually advised or worthwhile. That kung-fu stuff is just fancy posing. It involves weights and stretching, and basic boot-camp exercise which shatters you over about an hour!

The way our instructor does things, it builds stamina and confidence, and along with the strenuous work-out you learn some useful things and keep 'on your toes'.

More kids (and teens) should learn self-defence really, it teaches respect and sensibility - and especially with all these wankers going round the streets who like to try picking on lads, bullying them in numbers, or intimidating and forcing themselves on a bird.

The way it's good for adults and geezers like me, is that it keeps you from getting easily puffed out and unfit - and at least if I eat like a porker then I'm going to have to burn some of it off in class .

It doesn't get you 'big' though, and anyway most of those gym-rats are way slow (but you don't want them getting a hold on you all the same)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I go to the gym about once a fortnight or whenever i can be arsed, i walk to my car everyday and play football every now and again.

Yorkie - i bet i could beat Ned up, i'm well ard.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
NMH said:
More kids (and teens) should learn self-defence really, it teaches respect and sensibility - and especially with all these wankers going round the streets who like to try picking on lads, bullying them in numbers, or intimidating and forcing themselves on a bird.

Very good point NMH, as a matter of fact, eldest step son (who is 16 today) is getting Karate classes as a birthday present.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right i run (30 mins a day av)
push trolleys (6 hours a day av)
play football (1 hour a day av)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right i run (30 mins a day av)
push trolleys (6 hours a day av)
play football (1 hour a day av)

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
HMMM Walk to work (60 mins total)

and er.....................:drink:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I try to cycle when I get the chance.
Sometimes a bit of squash.
Sometimes lift the remote control up and down.
But generally I am a lazy bastard who likes his food, fags and beer.

Dandyman

In London village.
4/5 K run and weights work out 3 times a week and I'm still a fat bastard !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here