Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What I think.....

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think that our club are in a very bad way. We have debts that no one seems willing or able to confirm the size of and are having to listen to offers for any of our players. Yes it is bad but think back a few years.

We were one game away from going out the football league. We had no ground and not even a tempoary place to play. Back then we put our faith in Dick Knight and lets face it, we have had a good 5 years since. We have one back to back promotions, as champions non the less. We have had a great day out in Cardiff and this year have manged to humble a few of this countries great teams in Leeds and West Ham. We have a day out in White Hart Lane coming up and despite the recent troubles are still in the Championship and we are above the relegation zone.

I still think that Dick Knight loves this club and his doing everthing in his power to keep us a float. He has invested to much time and to much of his own money to walk away from us now or just let us fold without a fight.

We have by far the best fans in the country. We have been to the edge and have come back. We will get through this. Yes we might get relegated, yes we might have to spend a few years in League 1 or 2, but what makes this club great is us the fans. We have two options at this time. We can either allow the current situation to get us down or we can relight the passion we showed before and get behind the team.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
berkshire seagull said:
Look pal if we keep looking back how the hell are we goner move forward?:rolleyes:

All I am saying is that we have been in worse situations then this and survied.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Wardywonderland said:
I think that our club are in a very bad way. We have debts that no one seems willing or able to confirm the size of and are having to listen to offers for any of our players. Yes it is bad but think back a few years.

We were one game away from going out the football league. We had no ground and not even a tempoary place to play. Back then we put our faith in Dick Knight and lets face it, we have had a good 5 years since. We have one back to back promotions, as champions non the less. We have had a great day out in Cardiff and this year have manged to humble a few of this countries great teams in Leeds and West Ham. We have a day out in White Hart Lane coming up and despite the recent troubles are still in the Championship and we are above the relegation zone.

I still think that Dick Knight loves this club and his doing everthing in his power to keep us a float. He has invested to much time and to much of his own money to walk away from us now or just let us fold without a fight.

We have by far the best fans in the country. We have been to the edge and have come back. We will get through this. Yes we might get relegated, yes we might have to spend a few years in League 1 or 2, but what makes this club great is us the fans. We have two options at this time. We can either allow the current situation to get us down or we can relight the passion we showed before and get behind the team.
Nicely put but we are hardly raising the roof at withdean with championship football let alone league 2

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Wardywonderland said:
All I am saying is that we have been in worse situations then this and survied.

Spot on mate, it is just that most of the doom and gloom merchants on here have not even been to the goldstone so don't totally understand the trials and tribulations some of us older ones have been through.

We have been in much worse positions than now and the only reason we are listening to offers is because until we get Falmer we can not give players new contracts thus it makes good business sense to make money on players that are nearing the end of their contracts if we can. Look at the likes of Crewe who have been a selling club for years and this money has helped keep them where they are. You do not here there fans going onj about it all the time and neither should we. We should be grateful for what we have got and stop bloomin moaning about anything and everything

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah but how many times can we keep doing that,i see your point but where do you draw the line.The club needs proper investors.Dick doesn't have much dosh does he,and although a big fan.Its finally open now that having a fan with no money isn't working full stop.

This position is worse than the bellottie days in terms of proper debt,just grateful we have that shite hole withdean,although that shite hole may just be the death of the club,so shooting back to brighton may be short and sweet and boy is it costing us grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Obviously the board didn't do there home work properly about running this club properly did they.I hope something posotive happens fast,but seriously we are running out of options super fast.:ohmy:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: What I think.....

chicken run said:
Nicely put but we are hardly raising the roof at withdean with championship football let alone league 2

It wouldn't matter if it was Premiersh1te football - the root cause is Withdean.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah but how many times can we keep doing that,i see your point but where do you draw the line.The club needs proper investors.Dick doesn't have much dosh does he,and although a big fan.Its finally open now that having a fan with no money isn't working full stop.

This position is worse than the bellottie days in terms of proper debt,just grateful we have that shite hole withdean,although that shite hole may just be the death of the club,so shooting back to brighton may be short and sweet and boy is it costing us grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Obviously the board didn't do there home work properly about running this club properly did they.I hope something posotive happens fast,but seriously we are running out of options super fast.:ohmy:

Who else is going to run the club? As for the borad not doing their homework, no one could have predeicted that the Falmer issue would drag on this long.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Re: Re: What I think.....

Beach Hut said:
It wouldn't matter if it was Premiersh1te football - the root cause is Withdean.

Exactly

Come on Prescott, if you keep us hanging on much longer you will be the death of us :nono: :nono: :nono:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Great Cornholio said:
Are you forgetting our court visits for unpaid taxes?
Did that amount to more than the debt we have now though?... Nobody knows, the real figure is being hidden from the people that matter, the fans.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Wardywonderland said:
Who else is going to run the club? As for the borad not doing their homework, no one could have predeicted that the Falmer issue would drag on this long.
The falmer issue was always goner drag on,whats new at the club.

Once dick steps aside we will get investers,but seriously there isn't a daft man on this planet that will buy us now because of the huge debts.:shootself

Can't win,but hope this falmer decision is super fast grrrrrr:angry: thats all that can save us.:clap:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Trigger said:
Did that amount to more than the debt we have now though?... Nobody knows, the real figure is being hidden from the people that matter, the fans.

I agree here. I am not trying to scare people. However, I'm getting very worried.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Citrus said:
At least we had assets (for a while), who's to say wages and taxes are being paid anyway?

I think if we were not paying wages the players would say, even if it was through the FA. If we were not paying taxes the Inland Revenue would not be has pacient for the Capital Gains Tax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here