Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what i really want for xmas thread..?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
tedebear said:
I got told that too!! Demand feeding is the new age earth peace mother thing! I unfortunately disagree entirely (sorry if offends some). Babies need routine.

I feed Arthur every three hours when he was tiny. He fed something like, 7:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm and into bed for the night.

Initially in the night he'd wake at around 10:30, 1:30, 4:30am and i'd feed him and plop him straight back in bed (obiously lots of rocking and patting to get him back to sleep) Then he started sleeping through the night feeds, ie go to bed at 7:30pm and sleep through the 10:30pm feed and wake at 1:30am and then finally at about 16 weeks he finally slept through the 4:30am feed - HOORAAAAHHH although for weeks I obviously woke at each feed time!!

Sorry just realized I've waffled about this in a completely unrelated thread....Anyhow - its all in a book by the Baby Whisperer - its a bible! Maybe thats what you need for Christmas!! :blush:

That is what we are doing (well I say we, I mean my better half) really. We have recently started giving him one big feed about 8-9 ish. Sometimes he will sleep through sometimes not. I guess at 6 weeks it is still early days though.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Wardy said:
That is what we are doing (well I say we, I mean my better half) really. We have recently started giving him one big feed about 8-9 ish. Sometimes he will sleep through sometimes not. I guess at 6 weeks it is still early days though.

Yeah thats still very early....but nearly at first smile stage though? which is better than any Christmas pressie!! :cool:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
bottom of Championship

Sarfend
Scumbolloxtown
Crystall Pal@rse P24 W5 D3 L16 F17 A64 Pts 18

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Top of Division 1
Brighton & Hove Albion FC P24 W14 D3 L7 F125 A20 Pts 45

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
a nice long lay on, followed by getting up, have far too much much to eat, then sit infront of the tv watching shit films whilst drinking beer / cider and eating a tin of celebrations.
Merry Christmas
;)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
tedebear said:
Yeah the feeding on demand thing is ok if thats what you want to do, which is too feed on demand any hour of the day OR night....it doesn't appeal to me so Arthurs been on a routine since day 1, it was about 16 weeks when he went 7:30am til 7am - and he's done it ever since...

With the exception of teeth and runny bum incidents :lol:

Todays not great though, bloody great big molary things on their way I think !!

I think the feeding on demand, day or night, works fine if it's your only baby/child. It's hard when Romilly has been feeding all night but I still have to get us all dressed and out the door by about 8.10am for school. Then she will sleep and I have to do housework etc. It would help also if she would take a bottle but no chance.

I'm going to go with her for another three weeks, up to 16 weeks old and then try and get some sort of routine.

Ahh well, kids eh!

Those molar teeth are horrid. I pop they pop through for Arthur quickly. My son got ear infections with every tooth he grew, that was miserable.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Starry said:
I think the feeding on demand, day or night, works fine if it's your only baby/child. It's hard when Romilly has been feeding all night but I still have to get us all dressed and out the door by about 8.10am for school. Then she will sleep and I have to do housework etc. It would help also if she would take a bottle but no chance.

I'm going to go with her for another three weeks, up to 16 weeks old and then try and get some sort of routine.

Ahh well, kids eh!

Those molar teeth are horrid. I pop they pop through for Arthur quickly. My son got ear infections with every tooth he grew, that was miserable.

Thats not great on limited sleep at all!! Fingers crossed she'll get there soon..You're doing bloody well to get everyone sorted at all - well done!

Poor boy - ear infections are dreadful! Nasty things indeed...Poor Arthur looks like he's been slapped across both cheeks and has a small temp. and won't eat - and whats coming out the other end doesn't bear mentioning! Hope they come through soon too!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I really really want a pair of these.

SAL00890C.jpg

But at £275, and the fact that I'm going skiing without Mrs P this year, I think my chances are slim to say the least.
:down:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
blow job
beer
dinner

not necessarily in that order

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here