Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what i really want for xmas thread..?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A nice new football stadium at Falmer, or at least permission for one. The stadium I use at the moment is falling apart, and is only borrowed in any case.

You wouldn't even have to gift-wrap the new one or anything.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
tedebear said:
Are you nearly there though? How old is she now?

She'll be thirteen weeks on Monday.

We're a long way off with her, my older three were all either sleeping from 11-6am by now or just waking once. I can't get Romilly to go longer than three hours between a feed at any time, during the day she snacks constantly rather than feed properly. It's my own fault really since I started all the feeding on demand and comfort nursing and now can't break the 'habit'. Well, I can. And we will. Just not overnight! She was up at midnight, 2am, 4.30am and then we got up at 6am last night.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Jap's eye repair kit and a spare bladder. And some Wurzel heads so i could go clever instead of simple and obscene. And a friendship with a rook or a jackdaw. One that lands on my sill, taps it's iron mouth on my window and winks me good morning. And delivers a newspaper.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Meade's_Ball said:
Jap's eye repair kit and a spare bladder. And some Wurzel heads so i could go clever instead of simple and obscene. And a friendship with a rook or a jackdaw. One that lands on my sill, taps it's iron mouth on my window and winks me good morning. And delivers a newspaper.

That I believe is your best effort thus far

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
To have peanut butter rubbed into me by BAG

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Norman Baker suck my lozenge said:
Smooth or crunchy?:ohmy:

Smooth. Less "bits"

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Starry said:
She'll be thirteen weeks on Monday.

We're a long way off with her, my older three were all either sleeping from 11-6am by now or just waking once. I can't get Romilly to go longer than three hours between a feed at any time, during the day she snacks constantly rather than feed properly. It's my own fault really since I started all the feeding on demand and comfort nursing and now can't break the 'habit'. Well, I can. And we will. Just not overnight! She was up at midnight, 2am, 4.30am and then we got up at 6am last night.

Yeah the feeding on demand thing is ok if thats what you want to do, which is too feed on demand any hour of the day OR night....it doesn't appeal to me so Arthurs been on a routine since day 1, it was about 16 weeks when he went 7:30am til 7am - and he's done it ever since...

With the exception of teeth and runny bum incidents :lol:

Todays not great though, bloody great big molary things on their way I think !!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
tedebear said:
Yeah the feeding on demand thing is ok if thats what you want to do, which is too feed on demand any hour of the day OR night....it doesn't appeal to me so Arthurs been on a routine since day 1, it was about 16 weeks when he went 7:30am til 7am - and he's done it ever since...

With the exception of teeth and runny bum incidents :lol:

Todays not great though, bloody great big molary things on their way I think !!

That is interesting to hear. Aaron is now 6 weeks and we were told by the midwife and health vistor to feed on demand untill at least 2 months.

How do you go about training them?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Wardy said:
That is interesting to hear. Aaron is now 6 weeks and we were told by the midwife and health vistor to feed on demand untill at least 2 months.

How do you go about training them?

I got told that too!! Demand feeding is the new age earth peace mother thing! I unfortunately disagree entirely (sorry if offends some). Babies need routine.

I feed Arthur every three hours when he was tiny. He fed something like, 7:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm and into bed for the night.

Initially in the night he'd wake at around 10:30, 1:30, 4:30am and i'd feed him and plop him straight back in bed (obiously lots of rocking and patting to get him back to sleep) Then he started sleeping through the night feeds, ie go to bed at 7:30pm and sleep through the 10:30pm feed and wake at 1:30am and then finally at about 16 weeks he finally slept through the 4:30am feed - HOORAAAAHHH although for weeks I obviously woke at each feed time!!

Sorry just realized I've waffled about this in a completely unrelated thread....Anyhow - its all in a book by the Baby Whisperer - its a bible! Maybe thats what you need for Christmas!! :blush:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here