Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Currently on the club site

Murray Not for Sale
Posted on: Sat 31 Jan 2009

By Paul Camillin

Micky Adams has told fans Glenn Murray is not for sale following the arrival of strikers Craig Davies from Oldham Athletic and Crystal Palace's Calvin Andrew on loan.

The Albion boss said, "We have not scored enough goals and I cannot keep relying on the same people to come up with the goods. So if we are not scoring then we have to look at other players and other avenues in order to do so.

"Glenn Murray is not leaving. We have got no intention of selling Glenn Murray and we have received no enquiries for him. He is injured at the moment and is not back in training yet so it will be two or three weeks at least."

I'm not saying it is necessarily the case now, and at the risk of sounding patronising, but this sort of thing is a typical negotiation tactic. If you make such a statement, it drives the price up, they have to pay more to convince you to go back on your word. Clubs only tend to make it know they're willing to deal when they are in financial dire straits, have a wantaway player, might lose them fr free in the summer, or when they have a trouble player they want rid of. Every one else is someone a club doesn't want to sell.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Saying he is not leaving only drives the asking price up if a deal is made on deadline day.
A price could still be agreed if he went out on loan with the option to buy taken up later as in the case of Lynch.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As I mentioned previously, the conversation I had was pretty clear, he is going, his missus desparately wants to go back north, however, it is Cardiff that want him. I think it will be a shame, but there is no point keeping him here if his personal life is going to suffer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here