Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has MADE your year.......and also RUINED it

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
MADE IT: lots of small things falling into place. A happy family, a couple of really good holidays, house looking like I've wanted it to look for years, the birth of 2 nieces & a nephew to go with my kids at long, long last. :)

RUINED IT: A recent 15% rate cut, although "ruined it" is far too strong a sentiment really. We're managing reasonably comfortably.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
MADE it - Getting a nice new IT contract a brisk stroll from Preston Park over to Hove Park - no commuting by train for a whole year, therefore being able to reclaim about four hours of my life back every working day

RUINED it - Getting my nice new IT contract outsourced to Bangalore

Oh well :shrug:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Made It: Managing to cycle 500miles around Cuba, and put on a comedy and music gig all in the aid of charidee, raising £5000 in the process, making lots of people happy.

Made It: Mr Taxman sending a rebate cheque

Ruined It: Nothing really, maybe falling out of love with the Albion for the first time, but that will change

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Made it 1: I'm still working on it. Should the planets and stars align correctly, I will be a happy man.
Made it 2: My current role and responsibilities at work being outsourced to India. Now I can finally go back to enjoying what I do best.

Ruined it 1: Hawesy resigning (and we all know why). SCR commentary will never be the same for us expats.

Apart from that, my year has been pretty damn good.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Moving house too many times - Bad times.

The program I was in winning a BAFTA on sunday - good times.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
made it: the birth of the sixth starry baby earlier this week. we're now three sons and three daughters.

ruined it: well, nothing that happened this year really, just rumblings from things past carrying on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here