Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has MADE your year.......and also RUINED it

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
made it: falmer is gonna be built soon and our fab night playing man city and knocking them out

ruined it: the current league form.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Made it:

1) Cutting to the chase, quitting my job and following the dream
2) Moving to London with two cracking random 22 year old girls.

Ruined it:

1) Early mid-life crisis/Depressive phase (although that did lead onto no. 1 of 'made it' - Every cloud...)

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Made it: Boris winning in London; Getting a new job.

Ruined it: Gordon Brown clinging on to power; Missing out on Kings of Leon tickets at TBC.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Made it; Winning Tut cup.
Ruined it; Somehow not getting a ticket.

Seagull Stew

Made: Getting married, expecting our first child, owning our first home, celebrating a year living in NZ.

Ruined: Most Sunday mornings when logging on to NSC to find out how the Albion got on during the night!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Made it - Finally left England for only the second time (1st time was for a day in Germany) to embark on backpacking around China and South East Asia.

Ruined It - Ran out of money aftr 2 months after only spending a month in China and a month in Vietnam (still great times though)

Made it - Ending with a girl I was with for 7-8 months in April and now have been dating a much better girl (who supports Brighton) for 2 months :)

Ruined it - 6th November (8 days before I turned 20) I took a massive slice out of my thumb at work after breaking a cup in my hand, had an operation the next day to repair a sliced tendon and have only just yesterday (Monday) gone back to work. (Although I did get paid sick leave for 3 weeks for doing jack shit :) )

Ruined it (sorry needed another one) - My Mum being in and out of hospital throughout the year for various reasons. She was in hospital over last xmas but she came out in April so we celeberated on the 6th of April when it SNOWED! but she has since broken her leg and hip so has been in hospital quite a lot.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Made it: Getting to the final year of my degree on track for a first
Made it: Being genuinely happy about my situation in life, and being happy for who i am.

Ruined it: Getting to final year on track for a first - all too daunting a prospect!
Ruined it: 15 year old neighbour who is like a sister to me getting leukemia. Given her first all clear now, but still has to take chemo meds so the fucker stays away.

Oct 25, 2003
worst: breaking up with my girlfriend

best: realising that breaking up with her was for the best and meeting someone who i think i can be much happier with, but still remaining best friends with me ex, who means a lot to me

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Worst (such as that was). My Filipina 'moving on'. Not that bad because I am spared a lot of hassle.

Best (such as that was) Said Filipina wanting back when it turned out her new grass was not so green the irony being that somebody far more suitable has taken her place.

Yes it's not been that exciting a year.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Jesus H I didn't expect to hear as many grim ''RUINED'' stories. Lickergate certainly pales in comparison to some of the posts I have just read. I know it is early days but really hope EVERYONE on NSC has a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS and a BEAUTIFUL 2009.

Peace and Love from Nippon

D

Deleted User X18H

Ruined - Being told after 5 years hard to graft to a senior position that ' due to the economic climate in the US my contract was to be terminated

MADE !!! Advising them as I left the Job Description on the compromise contract and grading was wrong scooping it up and walking out.
SUPER MADE Meeting with my gorgeous brief the next day showing her my recent job description and appraisal and the COMPROMISE AGREEMENT and her smirking then turning to the back saying oh my goodness they have endorsed it..........DON'T HAVE ANY COMMUINACATION WITH THEM !!!

SUPER SUPER MADE spending so much time with and watching my 13 month son develop almost to walking now and saying CAT ,CAKE, BUS AND COOKER!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here