Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What happens to the rest of the season?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No not at all. China is still in lock down 3 months after the outbreak started. So anyone who thinks this is all going back to normal in a couple of weeks is living in a fantasy. So the question is do the teams continue to play but without spectators or is it like one day cricket, rain stops play and a mathematical algorithm is used.
He's doubled down!

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
You say this is such a big thing which no doubt it is. Yet you didn't think on a football forum with football at a standstill anyone would've thought to mention it. Dont buy that at all especially with several posts on vivid 19 and what would happen to the season on the first page of thread titles

Oh well, nothing lost as you clearly dont have a clue when someone is being honest.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If I put someone on ignore do their threads go away or just their posts. Would be strange having 20 posts of people screaming at an initial thread that I didn't see.
There, that got you confused on a Sunday morning.

PS Why no MOTD thread last night? Were we on last again?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are catching up with HWT’s ignore list, impressive

:lolol:

To be fair, my list is shrinking as various members find themselves booted off NSC completely. Plus, I wouldn't ignore someone for an occasional bit of low-grade pillockry. **** me, if I did that I'd have to ignore half the people at work, including my head of department. :shrug:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Oh well, nothing lost as you clearly dont have a clue when someone is being honest.

I get completely that you're being honest but I dont see how anyone wouldn't check something as big as this hadn't been already mentioned. You just keep on responding with insults and I will gleefully join the throng adding you to ignore lists

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If I put someone on ignore do their threads go away or just their posts. Would be strange having 20 posts of people screaming at an initial thread that I didn't see.
There, that got you confused on a Sunday morning.

PS Why no MOTD thread last night? Were we on last again?

Just their posts which will make this thread entertaining for many

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Yep, thanks for the links. Wish you had posted earlier. It kinda helps when people say it straight. I have a great deal of trouble deciphering sarcasm. I literally just thought about this, and posted it with out checking the threads. Then of course made it worse by not getting the hints and sarcasm. Oh well at least I am on ignore with some of the more judgemental in this group.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
but I dont see how anyone wouldn't check something as big as this hadn't been already mentioned.

Its called not being mindful. We all do it, even the ones putting me on their shit list. Not long ago a bloke nearly took me out when he ran a red light on me. I saw the look on his face as I swerved around him. He pulled over so I pulled up and walked back top him. The bloke thought I was going to give him a serve, rather I was checking to see if he was ok and calm him down by saying I had done this in the past and we all screw up occasionally. I dont get sarcasm and hints. All that had to be said was hey dude there are 4 other posts on this check out these links as Wozza kindly did.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
[MENTION=35351]nickjhs[/MENTION] NSC rule 1:- Thou shalt always check that a post does not in any way incorporate what are known as "fixtures". If you do then you invite a whole heap of scorn, for there is no greater aberration.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Don't beat yourself up about it too much nickjhs. Rest assured if someone announces your death on here over the coming days/weeks, the two-faced brigade on NSC will be falling over themselves to pay tribute to you.

Such is life.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
:lolol:

To be fair, my list is shrinking as various members find themselves booted off NSC completely. Plus, I wouldn't ignore someone for an occasional bit of low-grade pillockry. **** me, if I did that I'd have to ignore half the people at work, including my head of department. :shrug:

Low-grade pillockry . .Me? No, it is everybody else . .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Reminds me of that film set in East Berlin where someone wakes up from a coma and doesn’t realize that the Communist Government has fallen.
Sorry Nick. Just a gentle dig in these scary times. Humour is all we have left.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Think this season will be written off - that's just my feeling.

I'm more worried about whether the new season will actually start on time in August.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think this season will be written off - that's just my feeling.

I'm more worried about whether the new season will actually start on time in August.

There are more specific threads about posting your views on what will happen. Despite the thread title, this is all about education of NSC etiquette!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here