Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what happened to the post about the Exchange Pub?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it should be possible to allow NSC to host adverts for local businesses seeking to do well from matchday trade and to allow them to easily reach a large section of their target market. To charge them, say, £20 (plucking a figure out of nowhere) a month for the privilege should represent outstanding value.

Otherwise, they can try advertising in the Argus, on the Argus site or buying Google keywords for stuff like "Brighton Amex pub special offer" if they like. I'm not sure how much they'd get for that same £20 though...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This may mean not a lot, but the manager of The Exchange is a season ticket holder at the albion (WSU). Therefore only wanted to give a headsup to people who live close to his pub, that this opportunity was going to be happening.

I personally dont see a problem with it but at the end of the day its up to the Mods.

Good to hear that he's a STH. All I think Bozza is trying to ensure that there is a win-win deal. The pub benefits from having it's deals advertised on NSC, fans benefit from the deal via cheap beer and NSC gets a little financial benefit too.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Marvellous, let harmony break out again after a reasonable solution.

This being big-time, it's a struggle. Our players phones will start getting hacked soon.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Of course this thread now serves to advertise the fact that the Exchange offers drinks deals to Albion fans so presumably the desired effect has been achieved after all...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You have completely missed the point. This discussion is about the point at which helpful, useful information becomes an advert that the organisation should pay for. It's a grey area. The reason it has been highlighted is because a couple of us saw interesting threads removed, and wondered where the line was.

It is obviously the best place for a pub to highlight this, they probably didn't know they had to advertise (neither did I). It is hardly general spamming, and I for one would like to know about such offers. And I don't think they should necessarily have to
pay the same rates as a blue-chip multinational.

That said, as I have already recognised, Bozza must make the site work financially, what he has built here is now clearly of value to local businesses (and that alone is a credit to his efforts). It's just getting the balance right.

So I missed the point did I? You waffle on to say you recognise Bozza must make the site work financially, but don't seem to acknowledge that a publican posting on here is advertising . However big or small a post they make, the sole aim of them doing so is to increase their own revenue, yes it's good from our point of view to see what offers are available, but they are using NSC because it's a focused group, therefore it's only fair they should pay for the privelidge of accessing their target group directly!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So I missed the point did I? You waffle on to say you recognise Bozza must make the site work financially, but don't seem to acknowledge that a publican posting on here is advertising . However big or small a post they make, the sole aim of them doing so is to increase their own revenue, yes it's good from our point of view to see what offers are available, but they are using NSC because it's a focused group, therefore it's only fair they should pay for the privelidge of accessing their target group directly!

Yawn. I know exactly why the pub posted on here - but I wanted to hear what they had to say. What they had to say (ie offers to Albion fans) was a lot more interesting and relevant than much of what is posted on here. But as I acknowledged much, much earlier, if a charge is appropriate, it shouldn't be too exorbitant, because then a) they won't do it and b) we won't get to hear about offers. Since that seems to be the general view, I'm not really sure what your problem is.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yawn. I know exactly why the pub posted on here - but I wanted to hear what they had to say. What they had to say (ie offers to Albion fans) was a lot more interesting and relevant than much of what is posted on here. But as I acknowledged much, much earlier, if a charge is appropriate, it shouldn't be too exorbitant, because then a) they won't do it and b) we won't get to hear about offers. Since that seems to be the general view, I'm not really sure what your problem is.

Ha ha, I don't have a problem, but if it makes you feel better about yourself to post it then fire away old bean. All I was highliting initially was that as they were blatantly advertising they should be prepared to pay for it, and I think it was fair for the threads to be moved. I do want to know about such offers as it benefits the fans, but it has to be done so fairly. As it has been mentioned in other posts it is a bit cheeky to just join the board to post adverts when perhaps ,if they had asked Bozza beforehand, an arrangement could have been made.
That is all from me :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Time to close this - I think there's broad agreement.

As with the re-vamp of the the ticket exchange part of the site, this is another small project I wanted to conclude before the season kicks off. I have some weekend homework to get stuck into now!

Happy to listen to all suggestions and views via PM or email (bozza@northstandchat.com)

jackomart

Feb 11, 2011
Hove
Firstly can I just apologise for not contacting Bozza about the thread I posted about my pub offers this won’t happen again. Also I agree with a lot of your points and as always you’ve demonstrated what passionate fans we are.
Moving forward I’m more than happy to agree to a fee so I can post special deals that are specifically targeted at Brighton fans as well as when we are televising Brighton matches. I am a season ticket holder who runs Hove’s main sporting pub, as many of you know a lot of my customers support other teams. Can I just stress that no other team supporters are receiving happy hour prices.
Peace out and I look forward to seeing you guys up in the UWS soon… x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here