Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened to Dean Cox?

24/09/08

Jan 19, 2009
BN1
A few years back he was one of, or our best player. Making cross field balls and taking shots from good areas.
What went wrong?

24/09/08

Jan 19, 2009
BN1
Ok, maybe not our best player at any time but he was up there. He created good oportunities AND he had confidence.

24/09/08

Jan 19, 2009
BN1
Yeah, he is very good when he is on form. When he isant it seems like he is basically drifts out the game. A bit inconsistent though. Maybe Adams was too easy on him and Slades come in and given him the kick up the backside that he needed.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I have never considered Cox or Robinson worthy of a first team place,just about worth a place on the bench.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I have never considered Cox or Robinson worthy of a first team place,just about worth a place on the bench.

Revisionist nonsense. In our first season under Wilkins he was the best player by a country mile.

Are you HONESTLY saying he wasn't worthy of a place in the starting eleven in the 2006/2007 season (when he won PLAYER OF THE SEASON)...??!?!?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
in his first season in the first team, he was very good until about december

since then though, he has been no more than average, and ridiculously inconsistent

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mercurial.

His first season under Wilkins, he was on fire. In his second season, with his well-noted disciplinary issues, he seemed to become distracted. We've seen him in fits and starts this season, but I don't think I could ever criticise him for lack of effort.

It's that when he tries something and it doesn't come off, his head drops too quickly.

But he is still only 21, and I still don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Jesus guys, for some of you it's just like because Christiano Ronaldo couldn't match his amazin last season he's suddenly shit! Cox can become our flair player and it's so nice to see someone who will really run box to box.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
24/09/08 says "Yeah, he is very good when he is on form. When he isant it seems like he is basically drifts out the game".

Are you trying to say Cox is a white leon Knight !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
People found him out. This season it has just been a case of "oh hes the nifty little guy who cuts in so ... send him down the line on to his left" and thats the story of his season.

Don't agree.

He goes flying down the wing, stops level with the edge of the penalty area, cuts in and crosses the ball. But so what? I don't care if he crosses with his nob. As long as it lands on our striker's head and goes in, that's what counts.

He hasn't been found out, because not many right-backs have stopped him from doing so. The problem is at present the quality of his crossing (far too often piss-poor), not the build up to it. He could also do with learning to use his left foot with a bit more confidence.

As a few more of the more level headed posters have said, Cox has been awesome over the last few games and can be mercurial but you could say that about the whole side.

He's no Leon Knight. He plays with passion and a lot of natural talent and is still learning his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here