Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What FOOD can you NOT eat ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Edna doesn't like a cucumber eh?

Any coments about her having a truncheon to fall back on would be horribly inappropriate :blush:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seeing as you weren't asking Easy, are you a fan (like me) of the Chinese/Asian Pear? I like to think of it as the third way: & a very handy weapon when I find myself dithering hopelessly in the fruit isle.

I'm not entirely sure I have sampled the wiles of the chinese/asian pear. Unless you are coaxing me, vulnerable and quivering, into LYCHEE territory ? They always remind me of eye sockets, but they're not altogether unpleasant.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We had a Korean student stay with us for a year and she was an awsome cook. She told us about the food they like to eat back home and it made my toes curl.
They are a bit like the french, if it moves, eat it. But she told us that her fav dish was deep fried chickens feet.
Imagine grabbing a bag of those whilst watching match of the day.
If anyone fancies a try, you can get them from Wing Yips at Croydon

I'm surprised 'Long-Pig' hasn't become a firm favourite with those charming Korean types. It seems to becoming increasingly popular with the Stir-Fry mob (allegedly). Might be a handy way of defusing the ol' North/South animosity innit.. :thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I don't do Mushrooms, or the extreme versions of seafood (will do fish, but not smoked salmon, elles, winkles, mussels etc)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm not entirely sure I have sampled the wiles of the chinese/asian pear. Unless you are coaxing me, vulnerable and quivering, into LYCHEE territory ? They always remind me of eye sockets, but they're not altogether unpleasant.

It doesn't sound like your vulnerable, quivering self needs much (if any) encouragement from lil' old me, quite frankly. You seem to be teetering on the very cusp of the oh-so-crunchy promised land, & the only thing one needs to do is to take that small step into Fruitopia. You just KNOW you want to. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
576px-Inside_a_Balut_-_Embryo_and_Yolk.jpg

That is f***ed up on so many levels.

Stop the thread. I want to get off. :sick:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I know that I am the only person on this board who cannot stand CURRY.
I find it hard to even stop outside a Curry House in a traffic jam because the smell is so appalling.

I don't eat nuts, because to me it would be like having a mouthful of gravel.
Nor do I eat fish.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
When I was at uni I lived in a house with a Chinese couple. One morning (or more likely afternoon) I went into the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal and was greeted by a large pot of chicken feet sitting there on the worktop. I suddenly didn't feel having breakfast.

Was offered Chicken Feet in the Philippines, it's a delicacy apparently.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Korean food is a virtually undiscovered gem in the West. I love kimchi. :drool:

Kimchi IMO is frankly quite disgusting. I know there are loads of variations but I have yet to find one that I don't find simply appalling. In fact Korean food is IMHO one of the WORST cuisines I have ever come accross.

I will eat pretty much everything, but cannot see the point of eating cabbage that has been buried for 6 months with a bit of chilli paste thrown in for good measure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here