Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What English division would Andorra be in?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I disagree - I think one of the beauties of the qualifiers is that everyone has to beat these sides, and these sides get the opportunity to play the big countries.

I would implement a 'bonus point' system similar (althought not the same) to what they use in rugby - i.e. do away with goal difference altogether, and instead have a separate column where you notch up extra points for beating sides by, say, 4 (maybe even 3?) goals - these points only count if 2 sides are on the same actual points, obviously. As a tie-breaker use head to head, before eventually resorting to goal difference.

Means that you still recognise there is something to be had by thrashing the minnows, but doesn't mean the balance of the group is f***ed by someone winning 13-0.

Was an idea I came up with at the weekend whilst drunk, so interested to hear what people think...:down:

I don't see the point of that. Whether it be GD or bonus points you get for STUFFING the whipping boys, the match itself is still an inconvenient, uncompetative non-event for the public. The result is never in question, its just "by how many". Its hardly worth watching.

You don't get Man Utd playing against Fishersgate Flyers straight away in the FA Cup, because the minnows have to pre-qualify aganist other teams of their standing. Teams that battle through to the 3rd Round proper have EARNED that right to face a big team, and I have absolutely no problem with that. What I have a problem with is these perennial hopeless LOSERS like Andorra being pitched into qualifying groups every bloody 2 years regardless, and basically stinking the place out.

Waste. Of. Time.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As we've struggle to beat them in our last two away games against them, maybe we should show them a little more respect.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As we've struggle to beat them in our last two away games against them, maybe we should show them a little more respect.

Andorra's all time International results:

P84 W3 D9 L72 F28 A231

Waste. Of. Time.
They have NO RIGHT being pitched straight into a World Cup or a European Championship qualifying group time and time again.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Andorra's all time International results:

P84 W3 D9 L72 F28 A231

Waste. Of. Time.
They have NO RIGHT being pitched straight into a World Cup or a European Championship qualifying group time and time again.

Better keep them in, looks like they're overdue a good run of results

a win is a win is a win.

Once upon a time BHA were the equal of, and occassionally beat Manchester United

but now............

once upon a time Huddersfield Town won the engklish Championship three seasons running.

but now................

In 1971 Wigan Athletic were playing in the Northern Premier league
In 2005 (34 years later), Wigan were playing theFA Premier League

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Club sides will always have the potential to rise up the Leagues with the right people in charge and a bit of investment, but its a bit different with International teams.

Andorra has a current population of 74, and that includes eleven over-50's, two paraplegics and a goat. They will NEVER qualify for a tournament. They will NEVER get into the top 100 FIFA rankings. They are a complete waste of space in International terms, and have no place running out at Wembley tonight against England or any other nation that hosts professional football. Its like putting Woody Allen in the ring with Mike Tyson.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
it wil be interesting to see how they play, but under fabio capello, only France and Spain have beaten us, unless its just the daily mirror screwing around the sports section again.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't see the point of that. Whether it be GD or bonus points you get for STUFFING the whipping boys, the match itself is still an inconvenient, uncompetative non-event for the public. The result is never in question, its just "by how many". Its hardly worth watching.

You don't get Man Utd playing against Fishersgate Flyers straight away in the FA Cup, because the minnows have to pre-qualify aganist other teams of their standing. Teams that battle through to the 3rd Round proper have EARNED that right to face a big team, and I have absolutely no problem with that. What I have a problem with is these perennial hopeless LOSERS like Andorra being pitched into qualifying groups every bloody 2 years regardless, and basically stinking the place out.

Waste. Of. Time.

The difference is that it stops any big scores having an impact on the rest of the competition.

I am sorry that you feel that sides that your beloved England seem unable to convincingly beat (two 2-0's and at present a 3-0) aren't worth the spectacle for YOUR pleasure, but to be honest, tough shit mate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The difference is that it stops any big scores having an impact on the rest of the competition.

I am sorry that you feel that sides that your beloved England seem unable to convincingly beat (two 2-0's and at present a 3-0) aren't worth the spectacle for YOUR pleasure, but to be honest, tough shit mate.

*sigh*
Can you HONESTLY say that tonights match was a worthwhile exercise for anyone ?
'Tough shit' yeah, all well and good. But there is a reason for seedings, and there is a reason why Arsenal and Chelsea don't begin their FA Cup campaigns in September along with the likes of GM Vauxhall Motors and the Crown & Anchor 2nd XI.

If you don't think tonights match was a f***ing waste of time for all involved, then frankly,you don't know football.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Andorras best player plays in Italian Serie B, His surname is Lima. The Goalkeeper that went off last night is the next highest who plays in the fourth tier of Spanish football. The centre back who went off last night is technical director of a small club in Italy and actually only played for Andorra having retired from club football. The rest of them play for the top 2 Andorran league teams, Baring in mind the population of Andorra is 70,000. Therefore not a good standard at all.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Andorras best player plays in Italian Serie B, His surname is Lima. The Goalkeeper that went off last night is the next highest who plays in the fourth tier of Spanish football. The centre back who went off last night is technical director of a small club in Italy and actually only played for Andorra having retired from club football. The rest of them play for the top 2 Andorran league teams, Baring in mind the population of Andorra is 70,000. Therefore not a good standard at all.

The keeper that went off played in spain

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
The keeper that went off played in spain

Yea i said that he is in the fourth tier of spanish football although he was once with Real Madrid. Saying that Molango was once with Athletico Madrid and we've had loads of trialists over the years who were shite who came from 'prestigous' backgrounds.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
You've forgotten why football exists. Its to UNITE people to a common cause and a common game. Not to simply showboat a load of pro's. Being a series of semi-pro's doesn't matter. The pride to be called up for your Nation is the same.

I bet you think 'why give Gibraltar a team? They will only f*** it up'.

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
*sigh*
Can you HONESTLY say that tonights match was a worthwhile exercise for anyone ?
'Tough shit' yeah, all well and good. But there is a reason for seedings, and there is a reason why Arsenal and Chelsea don't begin their FA Cup campaigns in September along with the likes of GM Vauxhall Motors and the Crown & Anchor 2nd XI.

If you don't think tonights match was a f***ing waste of time for all involved, then frankly,you don't know football.

Albion beat Mansfield 6-0 a few years back - was that a waste of time for all involved? The fact that you have laboured to 2-0 victories against this lot twice, as pointed out earlier, suggests they have a right to play you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here