Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does your watch say about you?

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
My $7.00 watch from Wal Mart is a chunky macho type. It says that I can dive to a depth of 270 feet with it Last summer on a hot and humid day, the face was covered in condensation at zero feet. They don't make watches like they used to!!!!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
My $7.00 watch from Wal Mart is a chunky macho type. It says that I can dive to a depth of 270 feet with it Last summer on a hot and humid day, the face was covered in condensation at zero feet. They don't make watches like they used to!!!!

Del Boy to Rodney...

'Here you are bruv. A genuine divers watch, only don't get it wet....'

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I have a cheap one that I bought because it was the cheapest in the shop that didn't look like a toy. Never seen the point of paying money for an expensive kettle - as long as it tells the time, it will do me.

As to the question: I suppose it says that I'm a cheapskate

What he said ....

I wear a watch for 2 reasons only; a) to know the time, and b) to know the date.

Therefore my £9.99 Argos jobbie I bought over 10 years ago is all I need :thumbsup:
Anything more expensive for a timepiece is a waste of money as they don't keep time any better!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I also have a Cartier.

Have had one for the last 15 years and they really are very good quality. It is currently at their service centre and much missed, beautiful and slim for a man with little wrists :thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Mine's broken:down:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
£9.30 from M&S. I have a drawerful of cheap and expensive watches,when they brake I get my Grandads watch out, engraved on the back presented to.....in 1919. It's the only one that always works!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm a Tag Heuer girl - always have been always will be...Zef's had an original Heuer Monaco, I like the Heuer Cortina oddly enough!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Chunky and macho, or slim and stylish...

I currently sport a chunky military De Tomaso watch which is shockproof, apparently bulletproof and waterproof. I bought it secondhand. (!)

And it tells the time.

Bulletproof?

No it f***ing isn't. If I took a shotgun to your watch, it'd be fine would it?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
In a town of Rolexes, Omegas, Panerais, Breitlungs, Patek Phillipes, Glasshuttes etc....my watch says...Swatch

well it's Swiss

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
this chunky little monkey

Attachments

• 51LZ%2BSOP44L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    51LZ%2BSOP44L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 44

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I have a Breitling Aerospace and a couple of months ago one of the hands fell off! I returned it to Breitling who wanted to charge me £290 for the privilege of replacing it! They said it must of had a knock as there is a tiny (practically microscopic mark on the case). It hadn't and even if it had I would have expected a titanium Breitling not to have fallen part after the slightest knock.

Several angry emails and phone calls later and they finally reluctantly agreed to replace the hand free of charge.

Just goes to show that owning a expensive watch isn't always what it is cracked up to be!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Little treat last year after finishing 2 years in Dubai, Rolex Submariner.

Only wear it very rarely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here