Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does The Sun get out of backing Cameron?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
An old bag who has never done a days work in her life, a toff who has never done a days work in his life and a convicted racist.
Nice neighbours, in fact some newspapers such as The Sun would call them 'neighbours from hell' :wrong:

Funny, apart from the "toff" bit, thats the sort of people Labour like helping! :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the sun has totally put me off voting conservative - personally, i hope labour win just to see what they make of it all and so they cant ram down another "the sun wot won it" thing down the publics throats

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Sun's lazy, trite, low IQ 'Hope' front page just about sums up that peurile excuse for a paper.

Pathetic. Truly pathetic :nono:

supersplash_electi_1038608a.jpg

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
probably already posted but I'm being lazy...

1. After pressure from Murdoch, Cameron announced that "Ofcom as we know it will cease to exist", proposing to strip the broadcasting regulator's powers shortly after it announced that BSkyB must reduce its prices.

2. James Murdoch has called the expansion of the BBC "chilling". Cameron agrees that the BBC is too powerful - and has voted to reduce its size and income.

3. Cameron has shown he will listen to the Murdoch press over who to promote and sack. Cameron was willing to ditch his Shadow Home Secretary and appoint Chris Grayling instead when this was made a pre-condition of winning The Sun's backing.

4. Cameron has kept senior ex-Murdoch editor Andy Coulson as his right-hand man, resisting pressure from supporters as well as opponents to ditch him over illegal phone-tapping while he was News of the World editor.

5. Cameron will oppose voting reform, which the right-wing papers vehemently oppose, partly because as former Sun editor David Yelland argues, they fear it would reduce their power and influence.

6. They think the Tories will win and want to have them on side.

1. Pointless quango and who really gives a f*** about the cost of premium TV channels. Its only available to the moderatley well off I bet there are plenty of people who still wont be able to afford the fees because they need to run a car.

2. I agree, less income for the BBC means a lower TV licence, about time too.

3. Prescott was Deputy Prime Minister to appease the Unions.

4. Sure lest we forget the chicanery of Mandelson and others.

5. FPTP has been part of our electoral system since before 1832 and we have had Labour, Liberal and Tory Govt's. How old is David Yelland?

6. The Mirror does likewise for Labour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here